I am a newbie and want to say hello to all the beautiful women and men out there

Hello everyone.

My name is Jo (Short for Joanne), I am 21 and I come from Canterbury in the UK. I have just completed the last year of my degree in Performing Arts and I am beginning to set up my own Belly Dance company.

I tried to teach myself Belly Dance for about a year from videos online as I did not have any Belly dance classes near me. Once I moved to university for my last year I joined a Belly Dance class and performed a solo after six lessons. It has changed my whole life..I was very unconfident about myself and had depression for a while but Belly Dancing made me love myself, helped me to feel fit and beautiful and also released a lot of stress I had.

As belly dance is becoming more and more popular in the UK I have decided to set up my company. I have decided to take a slightly different approach. Instead of booking a room and having people come to my lessons I want to go to the people instead. I am sending letters to secondary schools, colleges, universities and also handing out flyers for parties that allow people to experience a 1hr workshop in Belly Dance so that they might feel different after or what to carry it on. I want people to experience the effect that I had from Belly Dance.

For more information please go to my website at Metamorphosis Belly Dance

If you have facebook please join the group as I need the group to become more active with belly dance enthusiastics Metamorphosis Belly Dance | Facebook

and lastly if you want to just keep up to date with what I am doing and you have Twitter then please follow me Meta Belly Dance (metabellydance) on Twitter

Thank you all and I look forward to speaking with you.:D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum sounds like you are going to be a very busy lady. Congratulations on the completion of your degree and starting your own company.
~Mosaic