Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for returning. Reviewing the thread, I can see it took a lot of courage for you to do so.

Your performance is quite sweet.

Can I make a suggestion for you? It's okay to not hit every beat & every note in the music. There's a point around 51, where you did this move that worked with the music, but the music had gotten ahead of you. In future, just skip the move when that happens. Nobody will notice if you omit something.

Be proud of yourself and keep working at it. You're doing fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. I think you were very courageous in your admittance of realising just what you didn't know then, but do know now (wow, that's a sentence. !) We've all been there, but some folk never have the courage to admit it. You can learn such a lot from hanging out in forums, especially if you are open-minded about people's opinions. You seem to have come a long way in your dance journey, good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

! It's amazing that you have come back here and that you've learnt so much in the meantime! Of course you are welcome. Your solo was really nice and there were some very pretty passages. Well done and keep it going like that

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Welcome back, and big BIG hugs to you for having the courage to come back! We all make mistakes---admitting to them, and most importantly, learning from them, is a sign of growth and maturity.

Your performance was absolutely lovely. You HAVE learned a lot, WOW! I wish you all the very best on your dance journey, and so glad you came back to us. <3

@Shan: Stop me, I'm gonna DO it!!! @___@

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!! ONE OF US!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home, Angel.

One of us indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, welcome back, I believe we are all very proud of the fact that you have had the courage to come back & admit your mistake, that isn't easy to do for anyone & it is lovely to see your progress. Congratulations I hope you'll continue to pop by from time to time
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Looking forward to see you posting more in the forum

Post Thanks / Like

"Metamorphosis" is a perfect word to describe what's happened here. Wouldn't it be lovely (with Angel's permission, of course!) to change the thread title to "Metamorphosis Of A Bellydancer"!

Junior Member angelwingsdevilhorns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I must admit I went to bed last night after writing that post really worrying if people still didn't understand how much I have changed. It was so nice to wake up and see all these positive comments.

Yes Farasha Hanem that would be a lovely thing to do although I do not know how to change the thread title on here. If anyone wants to change it I am very happy for you to do so.

I will have a look at what you suggested Darshiva as I came back to the forum to meet new people and to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelwingsdevilhorns View Post
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I must admit I went to bed last night after writing that post really worrying if people still didn't understand how much I have changed. It was so nice to wake up and see all these positive comments.

Yes Farasha Hanem that would be a lovely thing to do although I do not know how to change the thread title on here. If anyone wants to change it I am very happy for you to do so.

I will have a look at what you suggested Darshiva as I came back to the forum to meet new people and to learn.
    The original thread was before my time (I'd only been dancing for a year then myself!), but it is lovely that you have felt able to come back and engage with the community. I haven't had a chance to watch your video yet, but if I could give one piece of advice, it would be to do whatever you have to do to get to a good weekly class (or take regular private lessons). There is no substitute. Workshops are great, but you don't get any ongoing feedback on your progress from them, and it's hard to improve or even to know your weaknesses without honest feedback.

Jo Wise runs annual 'professional development courses' (usually in about March) over a weekend in London, which involve a lot of personal feedback as well as challenging choreography and improvisation skills, which might be a good thing to think about doing if getting to higher level classes regularly is difficult for you. Or the JWAAD Summer School (which I'm pretty excited about right now, as it's next week!) is a pretty excellent opportunity to get some really intensive training and meet loads of other dancers.

I guess I've been bellydancing about the same length of time as you, and I do perform professionally a bit and teach a beginners class - I travel into London from Oxford every week to take advanced classes (which is about the same distance as you are from London, though I have no idea what the public transport is like from Kent), as well as taking weekly intermediate classes and monthly private lessons with a local teacher. I might bump into you at Shimmy in the City actually, as I'm also signed up for Raqia's technique workshop
    Last edited by Roshanna; 07-24-2013 at 02:20 PM.