Rania as a dancer?

AoIronoHana

I've been running into a lot of her videos lately, and I thought I might ask, what do you think about her as a dancer?

Personally, now I don't have anything against her, I don't think she shows any emotions and kinda just muddles through her dances..

:think:

da Sage

I've been running into a lot of her videos lately, and I thought I might ask, what do you think about her as a dancer?

Personally, now I don't have anything against her, I don't think she shows any emotions and kinda just muddles through her dances..

:think:

I have seen some video where her dancing looks a little sloppy, and some where the dancing is very good with both the moves and audience engagement carrying through the camera.

I think part of it is that most videos are not shot well, and also that she goes through some moves so quickly that they don't really register unless you watch a LOT of bellydance. Especially because she is so narrow at the hips...kind of like Amar Gamal, I didn't like her complicated dancing much until I had watched dance, and now I think Amar's awesome.

I think Rania must be one of those dancers where her live performances deliver significantly more impact than the video ones. She has grown on me over time, but I have often wondered why she's had several mainstream video releases? It's got to be the personal charisma, not just the Cindy Crawford/Brooke Shields good looks.

AoIronoHana

I think she's a good dancer, and i realized that maybe its her smile. She's very pretty, but her smile is a little funky. So perhaps that with the bad filming is what I see. Hmmm...

eden eyes

i've only seen this one video of her, but in the description it said it was after a 1.5 hour show, so maybe that's why she seemed so sloppy? i know if i did a 1.5 hour show i'd be taking a nap as a drum solo :lol:

does she always dance like that?

tutankhamun

I love her to bits. She has this femme fatale look about her. But that's maybe me being male and not understanding too much about bellydance.

I especially like Isis Wings. Well, I like anything that has something to do with Isis, but I think this is beautiful and different.

Ranya

Maybe I cannot appreciate her artistic qualities, but I never really liked Rania. And in the video Tutankhamun posted, the only thing I really like are the wings which are flowing like wow...and I daresay that that is the only thing that makes her dancing look nice in that vid - take away the wings and nothing is left (my opinion!)