ATS, Tribal Fusion and Tribaret dancers?

meddevi

(Old fashioned AmOri Shanazel slides shyly into the discussion)

What's emo? (I could google it, but figure I'll get a more concise and interesting explanation here.)

I could ramble on about it, but I think Urban Dictionary's entry on it really nails it: Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

(and I would add, stereotypically, well-off teens who are so tragically depressed because they have everything they want, and waaaay too long bangs and shaggy...waaaah.)

Kelly

I have studied an assortment, and used to consider myself Tribal/Fusion and Goth, BUT lately I have been interested in more blingy things, sparkles and such, and have done veil, and am now studying more Egyptian style. I guess I now consider myself Tribaret, and love it... it is so fun! Just wanted to mention that I will always have a touch of Goth, even if it doesn't always show!

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
:doh: aww danit. This is one of the problems with my style is that I don't really fit into any specific group but I do study and incorporate various movements and styles.

Can I be a honorary member? :pray: I'll promise to behave and just tag along :lol:

Aniseteph

... ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

:lol: I saw a textbook version yesterday and nearly laughed out loud - poor lad, he must have spent ages ironing his fringe, all to look cool in our untrendy little town.

Stupid teenage hairstyles, gotta love 'em.

Mystic Skye

Well I've taken some classes in oriental and caberet but I gotta admit I do love tribal fusion. I often find myself falling in moves I've seen just to try them out. I've seen a lot over youtube and the "tribal, tribal fusion" folder in my favorites is huge XD. Some of these turned into an addiction as much as the other two, exp some isolations, pops and locks XD.

Question is could someone be counted as tribaret without actually doing tribal/tribal fusion classes?

Ruby~<3

I consider myself more of a tribaret.

my main dance instructor was trained in both ATS (with carolina N) and In american cabaret from many other instructors. In our classes we seem to go over both. costuming is for the most part a mix of both!

I personally have been trying to find my place in the dance world and I have been expirimenting in private. I like some gothic styles.. but who knows!:dance:

Ruby

Demelza Aradia

I don't have a clue what I should be called, but I'd call myself a bellydance ATS Hiphop fusion dancer, though I think I need a catchier title. I can't have a serious face on much when I dance. I grin and use my eyebrows a lot. If I am doing a really awesomely cool bit, then usually the cool "i'm so not phased by this" look comes on. When late autumn comes around, my style does end up going very gothic for some reason, then I have the serious face on. Less fun, more meaning. I also do a lot of oriental dance, but I try to keep my fusion stuff away from it, though it is hard!

I'm training in ATS, I've done a lot of hip hop and a LOT of bellydance, so I do the nick-stuff-from-people-i-admire-and-blend-it-together thing and try to fuse some stuff together on my own. But it's never just one thing - I'll be emulating Ranya Renee one night, then I'll be copying bits form Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake the next and then trying to fuse floreos with the moonwalk.

Maybe I should just call myself a messy dancer. :D

Azrael

Wahahaha! :D You sound like me Demelza! Minus the hip-hop though... I only did it for a short while. But I totally nick stuff from people I admire & adding it with other strange things!