Video clip of Tito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarik Sultan

Dear Aya,
The reason I was wondering about that is because the girl who is closest to the camera does that HUGE upward undulation with the jazz lock at the end of it!!! It is suspiciously not how you usually see Egyptians using movement.
Hugs,
A'isha

I know what you mean, but it is something that they do over there. It was one of Nadia Hamdi's signiture moves. She would often do two in rapid sucession. I've also seen girls in Egypt do it when dancing socially. I with the exception of Nadia and Lucy though, I haven't seen it with the big name Dancers. Perhaps its one of those things you find more from the Mohamed Ali Street dancers and both Nadia and Lucy come from that background.

Aisha Azar

Dance etc.

I know what you mean, but it is something that they do over there. It was one of Nadia Hamdi's signiture moves. She would often do two in rapid sucession. I've also seen girls in Egypt do it when dancing socially. I with the exception of Nadia and Lucy though, I haven't seen it with the big name Dancers. Perhaps its one of those things you find more from the Mohamed Ali Street dancers and both Nadia and Lucy come from that background.

Dear Tarik,
I have seen Nafia Hamdi do it also, but with nowhere near the western accent that girl has. Her lock on the top of the movement was far less jazz-like. She also used it in a routine I learned from her once. (Perhaps it was lack of control or something on this girl??)That kind of reverse undulation is something that we were discussing over on another thread and Morocco said it was a western movement the Raqia Hassan adopted, though I have seen Lucy and others do as much more refined version as far back as the late 70s.
Regards,
A'isha

Tarik Sultan

Dear Tarik,
I have seen Nafia Hamdi do it also, but with nowhere near the western accent that girl has. Her lock on the top of the movement was far less jazz-like. She also used it in a routine I learned from her once. (Perhaps it was lack of control or something on this girl??)That kind of reverse undulation is something that we were discussing over on another thread and Morocco said it was a western movement the Raqia Hassan adopted, though I have seen Lucy and others do as much more refined version as far back as the late 70s.
Regards,
A'isha

It could be a lack of skill. Let's put it this way, the really good dancers aren't in places like Sharam and certainly not dancing back up. From what I have seen when I video taped his show, these girls are rather amaturish. I've seen other dancers in "low scale settings" shall we say and they just ain't that great. It could also be a case, like with Rakia, of them seeing things we do and picking up on it. The last time I was in Egypt I was really dissapointed because everyone I saw was very brassy and beating the music to death till it screamed for mercy. Honestly, they were running all over the place like they were trying to evacuate Pompeii at the last minute and doing all the movements really big and hard. I really hope its not going to become a new trend.

Aisha Azar

Dance, etc.

It could be a lack of skill. Let's put it this way, the really good dancers aren't in places like Sharam and certainly not dancing back up. From what I have seen when I video taped his show, these girls are rather amaturish. I've seen other dancers in "low scale settings" shall we say and they just ain't that great. It could also be a case, like with Rakia, of them seeing things we do and picking up on it. The last time I was in Egypt I was really dissapointed because everyone I saw was very brassy and beating the music to death till it screamed for mercy. Honestly, they were running all over the place like they were trying to evacuate Pompeii at the last minute and doing all the movements really big and hard. I really hope its not going to become a new trend.

Dear Tarik,
LOVED the imagery of evacuating Pompeii.... and I know exactly what you mean!!
REgards,
A'isha

Tarik Sultan

Dear Tarik,
LOVED the imagery of evacuating Pompeii.... and I know exactly what you mean!!
REgards,
A'isha

Rhey were in such a hurry they didn't even remember to grab the silverware! :lol: Well if it does become a trend, we can corner the market on valium over there!

Maria_Aya

It could be a lack of skill. Let's put it this way, the really good dancers aren't in places like Sharam and certainly not dancing back up. From what I have seen when I video taped his show, these girls are rather amaturish.

Tarik is right on this.
These girls are Egyptians and snob to all the westerns.
Or maybe it seems this way to us... usually before the show they sit around us in tables and they dont speak to anyone.
I'm trying to remember the name of the girl you are talking about Aisha (tall one).
Actually the payments for these girls are very low for western standarts but high for egyptians if we consider that a well paid driver takes 70 euro per month !!!

Maria Aya

Status
Not open for further replies.