Page 112 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1262102106107108109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1182
    Post Thanks / Like

aah ok. I was thinking belt as in a wide belt on the hips. You did a nice job of changing the dress.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-1-IMG_6028.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	10416

Hello Everyone, Been a while since I've posted. Hubby purchased fabric; said it looked festive, and encouraged me to create a new one. Sewing a little at a time (life happens) but it will be completed, eventually. Thought to share its beginnings.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, welcome back!

I like that! It looks like the night sky.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Shanazel! Currently learning sewing techniques for Steampunk costuming, but missed sewing dance costumes. Decided it's all fair game and any sewing technique I am learning is now going on a dance costume.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice colour that grey, works well with the stones. What are you making for steampunk costuming?

Post Thanks / Like

Steampunk~ silly me thought, "Make the bustle dress and whola! Done." Have since learned, definitely not how it works.

To create a proper silhouette there are many layers involved, created from the skin, out to the dress.

1) chemise, 2) pantaloons, 3) corset, 4) bustle (a.k.a. lobster tail), 5) petticoats (w/ many pleats and machine decoration even though no one will ever see it), 6) black and white over skirt (dust ruffle, not in photo, is now attached and needs two different colors of Cooney lace to blend the skirt with ruffle) and 6) the bodice.

Here's the kicker~ in all the anticipated excitement of wearing the outfit I purchased fabric for a second dress. I am now questioning my sanity on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a belly dance costume, but I like how they used the large stones in this ice skating outfit by Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres:

And in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWQQJJF2WHw

The concept of her costume could easily be transferred to a dress, and his costume isn't bad either.
    Last edited by Daimona; 04-02-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

The stones are nice but the way the lower torso part of the costume is constructed makes it look like she is losing her britches to reveal the bottom of her leotard. Fill that in and extend it into a skirt instead of tights and it would be a lovely belly dance gown, though.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Love her costume and stones. Fully lengthen the leotard and add skirt with open sides, it would be a lovely costume.

Post Thanks / Like

When you try on a completely hand sewn dress for the first time, just to make the final adjustments - and you realize it is way too big.... *sigh*
    #thatfeeling
    --
    Daim.