Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice velvet materials! I love that type of velvet, but here they only sell panne velvet

Adiemus, I like that shape of dress, do you have pictures yet of you wearing it? I'm curious how the neckline looks

Post Thanks / Like

The choice of fabrics is pretty meh round here too. This is made out of a blouse I got in a charity shop. Big sizes with long sleeves and not too many seams in the body give a reasonable amount of fabric to play with, and you are more likely to find non-standard colours and finishes.

I have got a terrible charity shop/sparklies habit though - anything with unusual sequins or beads in large amounts.... at least the charity thing offsets the guilt of masses of "projects" cluttering up the place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adiemus View Post
    I need some encouragement! This dress is on the way to being finished, but taking oh so long to do...
    Attachment 2680
    This is the back...
    Attachment 2682
    Attachment 2681
    Can't wait to see a pic! Looks flirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    I have got a terrible charity shop/sparklies habit though - anything with unusual sequins or beads in large amounts.... at least the charity thing offsets the guilt of masses of "projects" cluttering up the place.

Same here... the material for my next costume is from the op-shop ($3), much better than buying it for the full price!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing what you can pick up at op shops! But the velvet is stretch velvet, not very expensive (for fabric in NZ!! about $12 a metre I think), and it was an 'end of roll' so I got half a metre for nix which was nice!
    No I haven't taken a photo of me wearing it yet, there are pins everywhere! Until I finish stitching the lining then the hooks I'll leave it, then I'll take a shot and show y'all.
    I love the neckline on it, but I may have to put a trim on it in case Manly Jack decides I am revealing too much! It does show cleavage, but I swear not too much. I was thinking of putting a line of diamantes around the neckline, but do you think that's too much?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adiemus View Post
    ...I was thinking of putting a line of diamantes around the neckline, but do you think that's too much?
    If you leave them off, you will have more choices.. necklace or black veil or such at the throat.... even a cool broach at the bottom of the V. You could make one out of the same nice trim and chain you have used if there is some odds and ends left....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a brooch I could use for the 'V', it's more for slightly raising the neckline - I think it's OK, but Manly Jack is a bit worried. I'll take a picture with it on and let you ladies make the decision for me!!

Post Thanks / Like

New thing I'm working on, it's a bad quality picture, but you get the idea for the colors:

It's for a gothic belly dance costume. I'm using velvets mostly. The skirts are finished, the thing above is a hipscarf-belt thingy.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay costume pics... I'm loving this post. Purrr...

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait and see, more is to come soon