The costume support, inspiration and encouragement thread!

Jujube

Ooh, Gisela, do you have bigger images of that gold one with the braids across the belly? That looks really lovely.

Shanazel--Hah!

adiemus

Here are some of mine!
View attachment 2877 I love the detail on this, would like it as a coverup - one day!!
View attachment 2878 I love the beading detail on this!
View attachment 2879 And this!
View attachment 2880 This is an Eman Zaki design I love
View attachment 2881 One day...sigh...

Oh and this is my inspiration for my hair! My mother told me she would never stand beside me if I kept my hair long as it went silver - so I found these examples to remind myself that silver is sophisticated!
View attachment 2882

gisela

Super Moderator
nice beading Adiemus!
I love that white costume too!

here are some bigger pics. Don't know why they turn up so small.

Amulya

You guys are so creative!! I love that look Amulya - stunning (but I have to agree with the leaves, a bit OTT. In fact I could see the addition of a few of those turning this wonderful costume into a 'What were they thinking of' entry!!!
I'll post some pix of my completed beledi dress, bra and scarf later tonight.

You didn't think those leaves belonged to the cossie did you :lol:? That's just a plant in the background LOL.

Here is a picture of the bra with a beaded thingy (what would you call that?) over it:

and here the full costume (and me looking stupid):

Jujube

That gold one's gone in my "inspiration" folder, thanks Gisela! Closer, I see that it's chain instead of braid, but I so loved the braid idea, I think I will someday do that. And not having those pieces up on the hip would be more flattering for me, I think. But I like the spangly nature of the fabric--it doesn't need much but some rhinestones really.

Which is good, of course. I wouldn't want to make an exact replica of someone else's outfit (if I even could).

Lovely, Amulya! (And if it were me, I'd call that a shrug or a bolero.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Daimona

:clap::clap::clap:

The costume is absolutely lovely!
I'd probably settled with just one flower on the headband, instead of two, but that is probably just me..

Very well done, Amulaya! :yay:

gisela

Super Moderator
Cuteness Amulya! It's lovely!
I did think the leaves were part of it :redface: that is so funny... a plant behind it :lol:

Reen.Blom

You didn't think those leaves belonged to the cossie did you :lol:? That's just a plant in the background LOL.

Here is a picture of the bra with a beaded thingy (what would you call that?) over it:

and here the full costume (and me looking stupid):

YOu dont looks stupid, you look lovely!!! I loove the 2 roses!
Did you do the fringe by hand? The whole costume is perfect, love the colour combos!

Gosh, no, I was just making a joke about the leaves!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Ariadne

whatever you come across or have stashed away in your "costume ideas" folder. (You know you have them.)
:shok: How did you know?

Ok, some professional costumes that inspire me:
(The last one is actually a mermaid costume but it's just soooo cool!)

Ariadne

There is also a couple of, well, non-pro and I've also taken screen captures from some MP4 video's. They're kinda small and a little fuzzy but I like them:

Jujube

Oooh, some nice ones, Ariadne! That orange one has gone into my folder, as well as one of the gold ones. And I shouldn't, but I love that tartan one!

Ariadne

And I shouldn't, but I love that tartan one!
I know!

It was a custom job someone did for a customer/friend (for a ren fair I think). It's just so unusual I keep the picture around to remind me that it is possible to be creative with the most unusual materials and still end up with something that looks dang good! *No Fear* :D

Amulya

Daimona;131036 I'd probably settled with just one flower on the headband said:
I'm still working on the headress, it will get a veil and more flowers or maybe less. Not sure yet.

LOL about the leaves Gisela!

Amulya

I have merged these two threads because they are very similar, hopefully people don't get too confused :)

Ariadne, I like that mermaid headdress you posted, wonder what that is made of?

adiemus

Ariadne, that turquoise one in the first post (bottom row, second from right) is one in my inspiration set too - great minds!

Fabulous idea to merge the thread - but I can see this one turning into a very very long thread!!