Thread: Hi everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi everyone!

Hi, or as they say, Aloha!

I'm new to the belly dancing scene but I am completely in love with the dance and committed to learning all I can about it.

I'm 22, currently in the US Navy. I'm stationed in Hawaii aboard the USS Chaffee.

I'll actually be leaving here this Monday (15 June) to go meet the ship in Singapore to join them in their deployment so I don't have any time to actively pursue right at this moment.

I've looked up all the classes and actually found a place that teaches belly dance right down the road from where I live in Ewa Beach. Until then I'll do what I can with the dvd's I have.

I would love to meet some people here and learn how to best go about learning all that I can!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kalani, and welcome to the forum. Ask any question you want and I am sure someone will have an answer.

How long will you be deployed? Will you be able to take a DVD or 2 with you? or is it difficult to find a space to watch practice alone

Hope all goes well while on deployment ..
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Hi Kalani, and welcome to the forum. Ask any question you want and I am sure someone will have an answer.

How long will you be deployed? Will you be able to take a DVD or 2 with you? or is it difficult to find a space to watch practice alone

Hope all goes well while on deployment ..
    ~Mosaic
    I will be back towards the end of August. I have one of those mini laptops that I'm taking with me and a hard drive full of hundreds of movies. I'm not sure if I'll be able to have any space to practice, I've never been on a ship before so I won't find out anything until I get there.

Are there any DVD's to recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

hi kalani ....nice name! welcome to the forum and happy posting...sure you find room to practise!!! in the corridor will do fine!! then all the other will also join in...rock the boat!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Kalani
    Enjoy reading and posting
    continue the practise !!!

maria aya greece