Reen.Blom

The sign says Bandari, with is an Iranian folk dance

Marya

Yep I know, But she's got one on Khaligy as well, cant find it

EDIT
Found it!

Last edited:

adiemus

He looks as though he's had a lot of ballet training - does anyone know if this is so? And how this might influence what you learn via his DVD? What I've looked at so far (via YouTube) looks well-done in terms of being able to see what he's doing, front and back views, and the clarity of the instructions. I'm just not sure whether the 'balletic' aspects of his performance are something to be emulated, or more a reflection of his dance background.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
This is a trailer for Amera's new Khaleegy DVD

Amera's DVD looks good, I wouldn't mind getting that, but it is expensive and when you put about $10 post on it - ouch!

Mind you Mohamed Shahins is even more expensive when converted to Aussie dollars. If I owned the bank I'd buy both. I do love Khaleegy.
~Mosaic

Jujube

Amera's DVD looks good, I wouldn't mind getting that, but it is expensive and when you put about $10 post on it - ouch!

Mind you Mohamed Shahins is even more expensive when converted to Aussie dollars. If I owned the bank I'd buy both. I do love Khaleegy.
~Mosaic

They are definitely pricey. I have a huge Amazon wishlist of BD DVDs. I wish more were offered on Netflix (or cheap used from Amazon or ebay). I am hoping to get lots of DVDs from my wishlist for Christmas!

leila_yu

Mohammed's dvd is not cheap, but it's worth of money...I was thinking so much weather to buy his dvd first time (it was a saiidi/raqs sharqi combined dvd) because the price is high, but it was worth every cent.And for that reason, I have absolutely no doubts...He is a magnificent teacher!

I have some dvds that were way more expensive and I actually regret bying them, but for this one, I think I would buy it even of the price was double...
I wish to have the chance to work with him personally some day..

Yeah, it has some ballet influences, but it's the individual thing will it affect you or not.If you know the atmosphere of a certain style and the background, you just get fresh ideas from the dvd and combine it with your personal style, experience and views...:))))

Jujube

Mohammed's dvd is not cheap, but it's worth of money...I was thinking so much weather to buy his dvd first time (it was a saiidi/raqs sharqi combined dvd) because the price is high, but it was worth every cent.And for that reason, I have absolutely no doubts...He is a magnificent teacher!

I have some dvds that were way more expensive and I actually regret bying them, but for this one, I think I would buy it even of the price was double...
I wish to have the chance to work with him personally some day..

Yeah, it has some ballet influences, but it's the individual thing will it affect you or not.If you know the atmosphere of a certain style and the background, you just get fresh ideas from the dvd and combine it with your personal style, experience and views...:))))

It definitely looks good. I've added it to my Amazon wishlist!

Maxine

ttp://www.fatensalama.info/2009/

Faten, I believe on her 2006 DVD shows Kaleegy and maybe even some instruction for it. If not, it is a really good dvd with excellent instructional moves for other dance. She is amazing and I always ask her to make more DVDs. Everything out there is basically crap compared to her stuff.

Even that Kaleegy trailer looked weird. I wouldn't buy it. But, then again I am really picky. BTW, I did do a Kaleegy performance by Faten and it was actually really good (even though, I am not a fan of Kaleegy). This was about two years ago. Now, Kaleegy seems to be the rage. Although, Faten has been teaching it for quite a while now.

Last edited:

Ranya

My friends from the Gulf don't like Faten's khaliji, they say it is too "egyptian", meaning it is what people/Egyptians think is khaliji but it is not how real khaliji would look like.

Greek Bonfire

I don't have it yet, but from personal experience, Mohamed Shahin is an EXCELLENT teacher. Also, from what I've heard, he does have ballet training as well as other forms of western training in addition to Middle Eastern.

Maxine

My friends from the Gulf don't like Faten's khaliji, they say it is too "egyptian", meaning it is what people/Egyptians think is khaliji but it is not how real khaliji would look like.

I can see that. She did say a Gulf friend taught it to her. And I am sure she put her own spin on it, which is why I liked the way she did it. Because I don't really like Kaleegy that much.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

You know, we often hear that Egyptians don't do Khaleegy very well.

And we also hear that Egyptians aren't all that fond of the Gulfies.

Ya think the two are connected? Hmmm.

LOL!

Shanazel

Khaleeji revisited

Thought I'd bump this elderly thread.

Anyone got any favorite Khaleeji instructional/performance dvds that have come out in the last couple of years?

teela

As Far as I know there are still only the three that have already been discussed in this thread. I've not seen any others.