Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shiradotnet View Post
    Videos do exist for double veil (I recommend Aneena's, I DO NOT recommend Petite Jamila's).
    Anyone know where Aneena's DVDs are for sale? I've tried looking for them, but can't find them..
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    Anyone know where Aneena's DVDs are for sale? I've tried looking for them, but can't find them..
    Cindy Loader sells it for her: Jewels Of The Nile

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Shira!
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

FOR MOTION SICKNESS: Use ginger capsules. Mythbusters tested cures for motion sickness and ginger turned out to be the best. I knew that already, though, as I have been using ginger for years! Ask your health food store how to begin and how to figure out how much you should take.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used ginger for years for traveling but I never thought of taking it for dance...

Post Thanks / Like

Shira: I've tried to email Cindy asking which region the DVD is, but so far I haven't got any answers. Do you know which region it is?

Anyone with experience of Alyne's double veil DVDs?
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Shira: I've tried to email Cindy asking which region the DVD is, but so far I haven't got any answers. Do you know which region it is?
    Offhand, I don't know about Aneena's double veil video, but I can tell you that Aneena's video Dancing with a Prop is region-free. I would expect the same to be true of her veil video.

Post Thanks / Like

Offhand, I don't know about Aneena's double veil video, but I can tell you that Aneena's video Dancing with a Prop is region-free. I would expect the same to be true of her veil video.
    Thank you!
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with experience of Alyne's double veil DVDs?
    I have not seen Alyne's videos, but I have taken a double veil workshop taught by Alyne. I can say that her teaching skills are good. She explained things well in the class. Also, before taking her workshop I had a lot of experience performing double veil myself (I was looking for new ideas), and I can say that she knows the topic well.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Shira and other experts on DV,

I have been practicing endlessly for over two months and my turns including windmills are very solid but I would get inside the veil 80% of the time. I learned with Joynan's video (i find she does explain well) and Petite Jamilla's unveiled. Joynan explains how to get your fist through the veil to get in between them while Petite Jamilla gets her head in between them. While I was successful at home, last night during my performance, my first time using double veil, my veil just didn't want to get over my head (I wanted to flip one and get in between). The audience loved it and didn't really noticed it but my teacher did know what I was trying to do and said there is a technique for that which she didn't see me doing. She said my turns were great and that nothing showed on my face when I couldn't pull off getting in the veils but I am so disappointed my choreography didn't turn the way I wanted for the last part of the song. I wasn't supposed to just turn with double veil but do more and I ended up just having them together for the ending part and mos of the song because I couldn't get in between. I don't usually use choreographies because I prefer to improvise but worked so hard to make this one and wanted it to turn out well. I will not give up and would like advise on how to get in between them with technique.

Thanks,
    Lily

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast