Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post
    I would like to see some good examples of this kind of entrance. I hope you will be able to post a video.

Most of the time this entrance does not seem very inviting to the audience.

Marya
    Here's the video of Sara Farouk that I promised with the back-facing-audience entrance. She's dancing to Warda singing Lea'bet el ayam. Sara is my hero. I promised her I would only leave it up for the people on this thread and then I'll be taking it down again and she gave me her permission today. I apologise for the quality...it was suppose to be recorded in HD but I forgot to push the HD button! *ugh*

For Belly Dance Forum Friends on Vimeo

MTA: I'm just taking the video back down now as this thread has waned. Glad you enjoyed it!
    Last edited by Oona; 06-27-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oona View Post
    Here's the video of Sara Farouk that I promised with the back-facing-audience entrance. She's dancing to Warda singing Lea'bet el ayam. Sara is my hero. I promised her I would only leave it up for the people on this thread and then I'll be taking it down again and she gave me her permission today. I apologise for the quality...it was suppose to be recorded in HD but I forgot to push the HD button! *ugh*
    Well tell her thanks for us. This is a good example and I am glad she gave you permission to post it.

In less than 30 seconds she moved side to side so her back was not always just the only thing the audience could see and she then turned to face the audience after just a few more seconds.

It is a very difficult, emotional piece of music and I think she was wonderful.

Marya

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post
    Well tell her thanks for us. This is a good example and I am glad she gave you permission to post it.

In less than 30 seconds she moved side to side so her back was not always just the only thing the audience could see and she then turned to face the audience after just a few more seconds.

It is a very difficult, emotional piece of music and I think she was wonderful.

Marya
    I will definitely tell her thanks and I totally agree with you!

Post Thanks / Like

Very subtle and very cool. Thank you for asking permission to share the video and thank her for giving the permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alosha View Post
    I think that starting with your back to the audience can be quite powerful if, and only if, done right...

There's a great clip of Carolena with her back to the audience..... starts at 3:30

I find this to be a wonderful example of an incredibly mesmerizing opening facing back. I don't normally enjoy that type of opening, but man, that was so powerful. I couldn't pull my eyes away and I really felt her dancing. I guess it just resonated with me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123