Bollywood Thread

Dev

Hello TribalDancer,

You are right, The dance sequence changes many times in Bollywood Movies, Lot of costume changes, different locations, well sometimes it take months to complete one song and dance scene.But when you performing live you have to put all the different segments together and that can be challenging as the choreography and music style can change drastically in a single song.

A video clip from Musical "Bollywood Dream". Performing for some TV.show in US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NM1eWWnhk

Alaya

Hi Dipali, how are you? did you buy Fanna on dvd?I am waiting for KANK to be relised in Poland.

Dev

Dear Alaya,
I am good and how are you? We are having a lovely weather in Australia at the moment.So i am going to spend the weekend definetely on the beach.

No i havenot got the Fanah Dvd yet. But got the cd for Kabhi al vida na kehena.I am looking for Fanna Dvd in Australia, But till date no success, I can get the DVD from India but only problem playing it in Australian Dvd player.. So i have to watch it on my computer. I think KANK is going to be a very interesting movie, Well atleast few of my favourite actors are there.
Alaya Do you get to see Bollywood movie in Theatre or you borrow/Buy the Dvd.

Dear Gabi..
:D Do tell us all about your first class ,we are still waiting.:D lol

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Howdy Bollywood fans. We just started carrying Meera's Dances of India series in our store. One of them is "Bollywood to Bollydance". Has anyone seen this and what do you think?

Gabi

Dear Gabi..
:D Do tell us all about your first class ,we are still waiting.:D lol

I know, I knowwwwww - I'll get there. Right now it's Belly Belly Belly - I have to learn something before I'm to old to do the moves :D

Kiraze

As most of Singaporean Indians are Tamil also most of the movies shown on TV are Tamil films. As I am not very familiar with dances and music of different areas of India I wonder is there some differencies between Bollywood movies that are (mostly) in Hindi and Tamil movies and especially dances used in them? Tamil movies include also lots of music and dances and to my uneducated eyes they look and sound quite similar with Bollywood, but are they? What I have noticed is that Tamil movies tend to be much more violent than "mainstream Bollywood" and there are perhaps more men dancing than women and those dances by men include often some martial arts like stuff. Anyway, both Hindi and Tamil films are fun to watch :)

Dev

Dear Kiraze

Most of the hit or Super hit Bollywood movies, actually are a remake of south Indian movies, There are 3 different languages that dominate the Movie Industry of Southern India. Tamil , Telegu and Malayalam and some of Bollywoods most powerful personalities actually come from the Southern Indian Movie Industry, including actors , music composers and directors. Regarding violence’ yes they can be extreme in Southern Indian Movies, sex they can be common and sometimes a bit exaggerating , But whatever sells !!! Kalarippyattu (not sure about the spelling) is a popular martial art and is used in many movies. Its fast and graceful . I think a Tamil friend of yours can give you a good answer about it.

Kind Regards

Alaya

Hi Dipali,
I am fine. It is hard t wach bollywood films at the theaters, they do not like to play them becaus they think that noone will come to watch them. We are having bollywood festvals fortunatly, and we can watch some films there, and there is always dvd but I have to buy them. I just bought "The Mistress of Spices" on dvd, it is not bollywood but American, it is with Aishwarya Rai, and I heared it is realy good. I let you know. yes Kank should be a realy good film, I heard that SRK is comeing on the premier in Poland, but that are only rumors.

Dev

Hi Dipali,
I am fine. It is hard t wach bollywood films at the theaters, they do not like to play them becaus they think that noone will come to watch them. We are having bollywood festvals fortunatly, and we can watch some films there, and there is always dvd but I have to buy them. I just bought "The Mistress of Spices" on dvd, it is not bollywood but American, it is with Aishwarya Rai, and I heared it is realy good. I let you know. yes Kank should be a realy good film, I heard that SRK is comeing on the premier in Poland, but that are only rumors.

Dear Alaya..
I would be really interested to know about "The Mistress of spices" . Its going to be very interesting, also one of my favourite actor Aish is playing the lead role.Is it an american movie or french? I am not sure. And if you meet Saharukh khan, take autograph , no take a picture for me.:D . Last night i have watched "Bend it like Beckham" well again! Have you seen that movie yet, Its not a typical Bollywood movie but with a nice story , Kind of comedy dramma.Also once i have borrowed this movie call "The touch of Pink" . Very good, a love story with a "brokeback " twist. If you find the dvd or video , worthwhile watching it.
Kind Regards

ps- please let us know , or do a review of the movie "The mistress of Spice".

Last edited:

Alaya

Dear Alaya..
I would be really interested to know about "The Mistress of spices" . Its going to be very interesting, also one of my favourite actor Aish is playing the lead role.Is it an american movie or french? I am not sure. And if you meet Saharukh khan, take autograph , no take a picture for me.:D . Last night i have watched "Bend it like Beckham" well again! Have you seen that movie yet, Its not a typical Bollywood movie but with a nice story , Kind of comedy dramma.Also once i have borrowed this movie call "The touch of Pink" . Very good, a love story with a "brokeback " twist. If you find the dvd or video , worthwhile watching it.
Kind Regards

ps- please let us know , or do a review of the movie "The mistress of Spice".

Hi Dipali.
Do not wory if he comes I will get you some pictures;). I have seen 'The Mistress of spices" it is like a fery tail, with a litle bollywood touch:) if you have seen "Bride & preduice" well the same actors are playing in it. It sort ofremaids me about 'Chocolate", and you can find out a lot about spices. It is american movie, and there aren't any songs. But it is worth seeing. I have seen "Bend it like Beckham" I realy liked it it is a fun movie and sort of remainds me of Bollywood. Have you seen "Monsoon Weading'? It was the first indian film I have seen and i realy liked it. I would serchfor the film if you say it is worth seeing it must be:D

Last edited:

Dev

Hello Gabi...
I am happy i am pushing you toward your Bollywood dance class. There will be more in the future for you,:)

Hello Alaya
Thank you very much, I would love to see that movie, "mistres....... " Yes I have seen Monsoon Wedding a few times, The movie shown in TV many times.And i still enjoy it,

Here are some pics of Aish , My fav lady from Bollywood.

Dev

Asoka ....Tribal Dance

Hello everybody.

Enjoy the dance from movie Asoka.

Grrrr. I always make the mistake here.

Ok here is the link
YouTube - O Re Kanchi

Last edited:

Alaya

Hi Dipali. Asoka is one of my favorites, and I love the song. I just bought "Veer-Zara" I do not have time to wach it though. soit has to wait another week:(

Dev

Hi Dipali. Asoka is one of my favorites, and I love the song. I just bought "Veer-Zara" I do not have time to wach it though. soit has to wait another week:(

Hi Alaya,

I have seen Veer Zara , Let me know if you enjoyed the movie? I think my taste of Bollywood is changing, I tend to watch more off beat movie without Dance and song than full Bollywood style movie . I am not sure if you ever watched Ram Gopal Vermas movie, They are usually more realistic or sensitive than other bollywood dramas, I am waiting to see Kabul Express , a movie about 3 soilders , An indian, a pakistani and an american.
Hey alaya , ever you thought doing a bollywood movie?;) I know it sound a bit dramatic but at the moment caucasian girls are very popular , specially with the item number(One off song). I read they are looking for a Belly Dancer in Australia and Europe for a particular dance in forthcoming movie "Remake of Sholay" .I will be interested to see who gets the role.
Also have you ever watched the movie Fire?

Dev

Controversial

One of the most controversial song/dance from Bollywood.

Enjoy.......