Hi, my name is Georgia Bendat. Im the program coordinator for the HHS International Cultural Exchange Center in Beijing, China. I was writing to see if anyone would be interested in a 12-day group program for performers. The program takes place in Shanghai and Beijing and is centered around a performance at the Shanghai Tourism Festival. Its an excellent opportunity for students to learn about China and experience the culture firsthand and perform on an international stage.

The Shanghai Tourism Festival is an international celebration held annually in Shanghai. Groups from all over the world are invited to perform during the parade at the Opening Ceremony. HHS is participating in the recruitment process by reaching out to performers in the U.S. who might be interested in sending a group to perform. The program were offering is not just a one day performance, but is actually a 12-day stay in Shanghai and Beijing. During this time performers will have the chance to visit numerous educational and cultural sites, such as the Shanghai Museum and the Great Wall.

Groups must be a minimum of 20 people. There is no age restriction, but we do prefer that only 2-3 chaperones or other non-performers be allowed to accompany the group. Partially sponsored by the local authority, the cost of the program is $690 USD, which includes ALL expenses except for airfare to China and visa application fees. You can view a tentative itinerary for the program on our website. Participants will arrive on September 10, 2009 and return home on September 21, 2009.

If you are interested in learning more about the Shanghai Tourism Festival program, please visit our website at HHSCenter - Programs . If you have any questions or interested in registering for the program, please email me at gbendat@yahoo.com.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Georgia Bendat