Hafla question

nightdancer

Just a question for everyone, regarding their hafla performances. Do you have a narrated script for every one of them? A flow chart of who, what, and when, certainly, but as far as someone reading something to the audience?

Thank you
Robynne

PracticalDancer

Just a question for everyone, regarding their hafla performances. Do you have a narrated script for every one of them? A flow chart of who, what, and when, certainly, but as far as someone reading something to the audience?

Thank you
Robynne

No, but there are some in our community who like to use narrative to ensure a cohesive production. ;) I chalk that up to style differences.

Regards,

Anala

PS -- are you performing Saturday?

nightdancer

Anala,

Sure am, are you coming? :)

I was asking for QoTU's hafla in September, we're working on a supremely cool idea, and I wanted to see what the rest of the community's workings were.

PracticalDancer

Anala,

Sure am, are you coming? :)

I was asking for QoTU's hafla in September, we're working on a supremely cool idea, and I wanted to see what the rest of the community's workings were.

Not only attending, I am performing! (And filming, and pacing, and changing costumes . . . shouldn't think about all that right now!)

I've seen you guys and the BDRVA group use that method of presentation. To me, it changes it from a "hafla" to more of a presentation or recital, in that it is more structured than "show up and dance." My 2 cents.

curious to hear from others, though.

See you Saturday! (Which I don't think will be scripted. :))

Eshta

We always announce each performer with a short intro about them. We ask performers to prepare a paragraph about themselves, and then ad lib based on that. Sometimes if I'm feeling a bit lazy/lacking in creativity I read out their paragraph verbatim but I try to make it a bit more personal usually!

karena

Well in that case my answer isn't quite no. I have seen dancers introduced at haflas, but not a long thing of what they are doing, or the history, context of the style or anything.