Rules for the TPBDC thread!

Amulya

When you post in the TPBDC thread, please do not post pictures with the models' face visible. Please blur/cut off first before posting.

Please do not post pictures of students in practise gear.

In case you post a picture of a costume you like, it's a different story: no need to alter the picture.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Lots of my students wear tank tops and broomstick skirts, for example. A few throw on a crop top, too. Some wear those stretch leggings under a shorter skirt with a tee shirt on top. Haven't you ever had one of those, "Oh, my goodness, it's time for class and everything else is dirty" moments?:D

What makes the TPBDC thread even more interesting is if you have suggestions about how the costume might be altered into something acceptable or even very nice. Just "yuck" isn't particularly useful, though there are those costumes that provoke nothing more than open mouthed amazement.

Last edited:

Aniseteph

...Haven't you ever had one of those, "Oh, my goodness, it's time for class and everything else is dirty" moments?:D

Who, me? no, NEVER! I am shocked that you should even suggest such a thing. And the bra I dug out for class at the last minute tonight was freshly picked from a drawer full of beautifully laundered lingerie laying between sheets of scented tissue... no, I'm making myself laugh now, this is not strictly true.

Good points though. IMO class doesn't count as costume, and I don't think it's fair to come down too hard on a little UBDC'ery in student performances. Just don't try flogging the evidence as a gorgeous costume on eBay.

Amulya

Good points though. IMO class doesn't count as costume, and I don't think it's fair to come down too hard on a little UBDC'ery in student performances. Just don't try flogging the evidence as a gorgeous costume on eBay.

Of course student performance costumes can be discussed, but in a positive light: what can be done better :). But if someone sells a bad on on EBay, that's a different story.

Daimona

what does TPBDC mean???

Thought provoking bellydance costume

TPBDCs must not be mixed up with an UBDC (ugly belly dance costume), as a TPBDC also could be very nice if it provokes your thoughts positively.

Last edited:

Amulya

Oops wrong thread! Bumped into this one in my Facebook memories, I took this photo at a party in Europe. Look closely and you can see the odd gingerbread men hanging around the belt. Most the the costumes at that party were not so very nice, but this one was just super weird