Post Thanks / Like

Default Rules for the TPBDC thread!

When you post in the TPBDC thread, please do not post pictures with the models' face visible. Please blur/cut off first before posting.

Please do not post pictures of students in practise gear.

In case you post a picture of a costume you like, it's a different story: no need to alter the picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Umf what qualifies as 'practice gear'....lol I guess not just a track suit...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of my students wear tank tops and broomstick skirts, for example. A few throw on a crop top, too. Some wear those stretch leggings under a shorter skirt with a tee shirt on top. Haven't you ever had one of those, "Oh, my goodness, it's time for class and everything else is dirty" moments?

What makes the TPBDC thread even more interesting is if you have suggestions about how the costume might be altered into something acceptable or even very nice. Just "yuck" isn't particularly useful, though there are those costumes that provoke nothing more than open mouthed amazement.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 07-01-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    ...Haven't you ever had one of those, "Oh, my goodness, it's time for class and everything else is dirty" moments?
    Who, me? no, NEVER! I am shocked that you should even suggest such a thing. And the bra I dug out for class at the last minute tonight was freshly picked from a drawer full of beautifully laundered lingerie laying between sheets of scented tissue... no, I'm making myself laugh now, this is not strictly true.

Good points though. IMO class doesn't count as costume, and I don't think it's fair to come down too hard on a little UBDC'ery in student performances. Just don't try flogging the evidence as a gorgeous costume on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Good points though. IMO class doesn't count as costume, and I don't think it's fair to come down too hard on a little UBDC'ery in student performances. Just don't try flogging the evidence as a gorgeous costume on eBay.

Of course student performance costumes can be discussed, but in a positive light: what can be done better . But if someone sells a bad on on EBay, that's a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

what does TPBDC mean???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emmab81 View Post
    what does TPBDC mean???
    Thought provoking bellydance costume

TPBDCs must not be mixed up with an UBDC (ugly belly dance costume), as a TPBDC also could be very nice if it provokes your thoughts positively.
    Last edited by Daimona; 02-10-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: --
    --
    Daim.