dear friends what about facebook?

Lydia

just would like to ask if more people from the forum would join in ? its so much fun to see what everybody is upto everyday...so if you like please ad me to your list i love to have more ,,friends ,,from the forum on my facebook...just ad ,,lydia Tzigane..have nice day all.....

dreamthief666

just would like to ask if more people from the forum would join in ? its so much fun to see what everybody is upto everyday...so if you like please ad me to your list i love to have more ,,friends ,,from the forum on my facebook...just ad ,,lydia Tzigane..have nice day all.....

hi i'm on there just look up kate farrow

Shanazel

I'm there, too, having given up on keeping up with my extended family any other way. I still don't have a clue as to how to negotiate the site, but given a few years, I might learn.

Lydia

hi Farasha i have send you a request some time ago so please ad me...shanazel what is your facebook id?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I'm already your friend. I should go there more often, but always forget. I use my real name, Pauline Khong as all versions of mosaic are taken. I should change to I.am.Mosaic as that isn't taken
~Mosaic

alosha

Farasha, I've added you a long time ago too. You should check your friend requests!

i'm Katrina Burbank on there...

Mya

I'm there as well...you can search Mya Alexander... if there's more than one i'd be the one from Trinidad in the Red Hanan.

Lydia

I have added KATE,KYAANA, AND SHANAZAL ...thank you all for being my ,,friend,,Farasha is still?????

shiradotnet

Hi Lydai! As you know, I'm on there at Shira Dotnet - Cedar Rapids, IA | Facebook . But you and I are already friends, so I'm just posting this for the benefit of anyone else who would like to friend me. For anyone reading this who wants to send me a "friend" request, please include a note in the request indicating that you are a fellow dancer. I accept requests from dancers, but not from random strangers. That's because facebook has horrible security, and I don't want to give hackers access to my profile.

I also have a "fan page" at Login | Facebook

Last edited:

alosha

Facebook actually has great privacy features. You can set photos and such to be viewable by only certain people, as well as setting photos to be NOT viewed by certain people. Way better than myspace.

shiradotnet

Facebook actually has great privacy features. You can set photos and such to be viewable by only certain people, as well as setting photos to be NOT viewed by certain people. Way better than myspace.

It's not the privacy features I'm complaining about. It's security.

When you accept a friend request on facebook, OR when you add an application, you give the person (or the application) access to stuff like posting their own information to your news feed. These were implemented by facebook in a way that is not air-tight. Ever since I joined facebook, several people in my friends list have had their profiles hacked into, and their accounts were used to send out spam to everyone in their friends lists. In some cases, their passwords were changed by the hackers so they couldn't get back into their own profiles.

I rarely accept and use any of the facebook applications for the same reason.

alosha

I don't use the applications either. You can set it so that when you accept a friend they can't show in your news feed though. Does that help?