Hello from Jakarta, Indonesia

Fahmia Badib

Hi Everyone!!

Greetings from Jakarta,Indonesia....

I'm Fahmia, but most people call me Mia....

I'm a newbie, and am thrilled to join all of you here!!

I'm studying with Christine Yaven of Bellydance Jakarta and am loving every second of it! It's definitely hard but the benefits are amazing!!

There's such a wealth of knowledge and support here, and I'm happy to finally be able to start getting to know all of you!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Love,

Fahmiaxoxo

Love,

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Mia. I lived in Jakarta 4 yrs, Surabaya & Tretes 3 years and Bali 4 yrs. We lived in Kemangisan and Permata Berlian while in JKT. Wish there had been bellydancing in JKT when I was there back in 96 to 99.
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome and happy posting! Mosaic, wow, what an experience!!

:clap:

Yes Reen it was quite an experience:D We lived in JKT when Soeharto was deposed and all the mayhem during that period. That was scary. It was after that I decided I had, had enough of such things and moved to Bali.... Loved it there:D .. truly a paradise. I have many, many tales I could tell about an expat in Indonesia and the fun and frustrating hair pulling out times :lol:

Was kind of sad to leave but we went from there and spent a year in Bangkok. I wished we didn't have to leave Thailand, but my husband's job was only for a year there. So after that it was back to Aussie.
~Mosaic