Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st paid restaurant performance

Hi ladies,
    Wanted to thank ladies who posted performance questions on this forum and all you ladies who replied. You have been invaluable to me in my performance preparation, particularly for restaurant performance.
    I was fortunate enough to have 1 of my belly dance teachers believe in me enough to ask me to sub for her at the restaurant she performs (she’s a gem). Between her mentoring and all advice here, it helped me greatly to prepare.
    My 1st night performing as a paid restaurant dancer was this past Friday. It was exciting and stressful. Kicking it up a notch to prepare that many songs!!
    My family and friends were there. That helped tremendously in boasting my confidence and keeping me calm.
    I tried to make eye contact with the people as I dance. Some people seemed like they were into it and enjoying it other people seemed like they were just into chatting within their group. I would do a little something for those groups then move on.
    Hard part for me was between avoiding people going by or stopping to try (sometimes would) get people up, I would lose track of rest of my routine . I would try to improvise but felt it was sometimes not as good as could be because I was nervous. I am shy by nature and before belly dance have never performed in front of people. It’s going to be a struggle to get over my nervousness in order to become a better performer.
    I did smile. I was able to get people up to dance. Sometimes I would have a group up dancing. We would pose for pictures.
    I must say I kicked butt on my sword routine. Thank goodness it didn’t fall from my head! I did get quite applause for that one . Also my very last song, done to Poker Face (had a young crowd in at that point).
    Thanks so much ladies for taking the time to respond to these forums and help out us tadpoles. You ladies are very special, loving and giving.
    Blessing,
    Dreamkitaro

Post Thanks / Like

way to goooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good for you!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default here's some pictures

Here's photos from performance

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! You look great! And that restaurant looks like a very cool place.

Post Thanks / Like

You look amazing, and totally confident and at ease. Well done you! Too bad there isn't a video.

Post Thanks / Like

Default video

I am going to be performing over the next few weeks, hopefully someone will take video It will be good to look over an critique for future performances.