Post Thanks / Like

Default hello from Sydney, Australia!

Hey everyone - been a bit of a lurker for a few weeks but I thought I'd take the plunge and post.

Been learning for about 1.5 years from the fabulous Georgette in Sydney and just did my first solo at a student hafla on the weekend.

I love the costuming side of things - I was lucky enough to come across a great Raqia that was in the right size range (I'm a size 2 and a flat chested A cup!) but am about to tackle making a whole costume. Doing it on a dare actually!

Post Thanks / Like

You go girl! Plenty of us southern hemisphere belles on here, and we're all pretty friendly. I'm attempting to make a slinky black velvet and gold dress at the moment - patience, patience, and don't try sewing at night when you're half blind!! You must show your work on here you know!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks adiemus!

Another student has been making a costume for 2 years - she has the bra and stiffened it with interfacing - and that's it. In the mean time she's purchased 3 costumes second hand.

My teacher is not a sewer at all and reckons it's just too hard. So I'm trying to give it a go It's going to be red velvet with gold trim. Working on the bra this week - fingers crossed

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Amanda, good for you making your own costume. I am not a sewer, no patience and the only time I get to sew is night and I am as blind as a bat at night, so it is buy or go without for me ... going without would not be a pretty
    sight
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Amanda !!

I'm greek - Ozy so enjoy with us this wonderfull forum !!

Maria Aya, Greece