hello from Sydney, Australia!

oz_amanda

Hey everyone - been a bit of a lurker for a few weeks but I thought I'd take the plunge and post.

Been learning for about 1.5 years from the fabulous Georgette in Sydney and just did my first solo at a student hafla on the weekend.

I love the costuming side of things - I was lucky enough to come across a great Raqia that was in the right size range (I'm a size 2 and a flat chested A cup!) but am about to tackle making a whole costume. Doing it on a dare actually!

adiemus

You go girl! Plenty of us southern hemisphere belles on here, and we're all pretty friendly. I'm attempting to make a slinky black velvet and gold dress at the moment - patience, patience, and don't try sewing at night when you're half blind!! You must show your work on here you know!!

oz_amanda

thanks adiemus!

Another student has been making a costume for 2 years - she has the bra and stiffened it with interfacing - and that's it. In the mean time she's purchased 3 costumes second hand.

My teacher is not a sewer at all and reckons it's just too hard. So I'm trying to give it a go :) It's going to be red velvet with gold trim. Working on the bra this week - fingers crossed :pray:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome Amanda, good for you making your own costume. I am not a sewer, no patience and the only time I get to sew is night and I am as blind as a bat at night, so it is buy or go without for me ... going without would not be a pretty
sight:lol:
~Mosaic