Hello from Sweden!

michellemahasin

;) Hi girls,
My name is Michelle Mahasin. I am Brazilian Belly Dancer and instructor of egyptian and brazilian style. I am interested in learn American and Tribal Style. Currently, I am living in Sweden. It's nice to be here, But I am still learning how to use this forum! Warm greetings from Kalmar!
Michelle

Last edited:

Freya

Welcome to the forum Michelle!
I am living in Sweden as well, although I am from Norway. I hope you are enjoying the lively BD community in Sweden as much as I am! If you have been reading the most recent posts you have probably heard about the Cairo by Night Festival in Stockholm coming up shortly. If not check it out at www.kairobazar.com. My school actually has a Brazilian samba class as well (same link)! I don't know if Samba is an interest of yours, but I thought you might like to know.

Again, welcome!
Freya

michellemahasin

Thanks

:eek: Thank you all for the greetings!

:) Freya, nice to meet you here!

:eek: It was a big and good surprise for me to know that the Art of Belly Dance is increasing so much here in Sweden.

I can't go to Cairo by Night this time, because I will compete at Layali.
I hope to go to the next festival in May!

I've been teaching Samba and Sambarabic (drum solo mixed with samba) also in Stockholm at nadjas dansskola (www.magdans.se).

In my website there is some video-clips of my dance style and a page dedicated to the Brazilian rhythms and culture, in case of you are interested in samba also! www.michellemahasin.com

Hugs
Michelle

Freya

Michelle,
I looked at you clips--you dance beautifully! Best of luck in the competition!
Freya

gessami

I am going to stay in Stockholm for 4 months (from March to June) and I want to go on my BD classes there. I've been learning in Barcelona (Spain) for 6 years and I don't want to miss a class when I'll be abroad. Can anybody help me in my search? Thanks.

Safran

Gessami, try the directory of instructors on orientaldancer.net. And there are plenty of Swedes here to help you out as well :)