Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    Yes and no, I feel. It depends on how the troupe is formed. Hand picked, or random. Handpicked, and you've got a success story. Random, and it can be out of your control.
    Yes, but the way the troupe is formed is down to the leader. Even then it can go way out of control. There are of course things that arise that you could never forcast. How you deal with them and salvage the situation is important.

If a troupe organiser/leader includes all and sundry on the list, then expect disasters. You can't please everyone. I feel that the best troupes are handpicked, and if this puts someone's nose out of joint, tough. If it's a situation where it's a class troupe, then expect to have those who are not so competent and who will continually fall short in performance. In this situation keep choreo's achingly simple but tight by repeated drilling. Better tight and simple, than complicated and awful.
    I think it depends on the group and the aim, sometimes the choreography is too simple and boreds the troupe! there has to be balance.

If you'r the type of person who's bothered by what people say or feel awful if you exclude someone, then don't run a troupe.
    Absolutely

Post Thanks / Like

i disagree with the "there are no bad troupes, only bad leaders" phrase.

i'm a part of many different organizations. choir, band, theatre, and then bellydance

obviously if the leaders sucks, the group will most likely suck

but that's not the only reason why things like this can fall apart

a leader can give their all and be a great leader for all it's worth. but if they have students that lack certain things (like motivation, attention spans, the ability to cooperate, ect...), everything will fall apart out of their control

so it's a 50/50 thing. the leader must give 100% and the followers/students must give 100% back.

i've seen many fantastic leaders of different organizations/groups struggle with the thing they're running because the people they are leading lack some of the necessary qualities of a successful group.

it's like a chess champion trying to teach an ADHD kid how to play chess. they can be good, but the only way the kid will also be good is if he gives his all......and that would not involve spacing out, talking off subject, getting hyper and bouncing around.....ya see what i mean? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geekella View Post
    i disagree with the "there are no bad troupes, only bad leaders" phrase.

i'm a part of many different organizations. choir, band, theatre, and then bellydance

obviously if the leaders sucks, the group will most likely suck

but that's not the only reason why things like this can fall apart

a leader can give their all and be a great leader for all it's worth. but if they have students that lack certain things (like motivation, attention spans, the ability to cooperate, ect...), everything will fall apart out of their control

so it's a 50/50 thing. the leader must give 100% and the followers/students must give 100% back.

i've seen many fantastic leaders of different organizations/groups struggle with the thing they're running because the people they are leading lack some of the necessary qualities of a successful group.

it's like a chess champion trying to teach an ADHD kid how to play chess. they can be good, but the only way the kid will also be good is if he gives his all......and that would not involve spacing out, talking off subject, getting hyper and bouncing around.....ya see what i mean? lol
    Word.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12