Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam

Post Thanks / Like

Are you thinking of member board messages? They go to everyone.

As in if you report a visitor message, not that we get all the messages themselves, just any reports like if someone complains their visitor board is being spammed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karena View Post
    Are you thinking of member board messages? They go to everyone.

As in if you report a visitor message, not that we get all the messages themselves, just any reports like if someone complains their visitor board is being spammed.
    Must be what I am thinking of
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I've said it before on other thread(s):

I think our volunteer moderators do a fabulous job. I my line of work (I'm a programmer/analyst), it's hard to find such dedication, even if there is a paycheck involved. So, thanks to all our moderators.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Harry you are a sweetie. We love our forum so it is not real task
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

It is nice to be appreciated. Thanks, Harry.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the spam that slips through the cracks, we need to remember that our moderators are human, and have lives outside of the forum.

And, some spam is funny, you have to admit!

And here's a big ol virtual slice of cranberry cheesecake for all our mods! Don't like cheesecake? I'll make you something else!

Post Thanks / Like

Like cheesecake but don't like cranberries. Can I have choc cheesecake instead?

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering about the spam issue, seeing as I have just reported two seperate spammers, I don't see this kind of stuff on other forums I visit, only here. Is it this place is being specifically targeted or is it likely other websites have different mechanisms in place to rid the stuff before it hits.

I know one site I visit, type a descriptive rude slang word, and it comes out on the other side as something else that sounds like the word, but is spelled completely different and there means something else.

Often I see with the spammers that hit this place, they post a link that is all, perhaps something could be done where if it is just a link that is posted, then it can be assumed to be spam and there disallowed, or deleted.

I think forum members who post links, often accompany the link with a few words, as I have not seen just links posted from any bona fide member, always there is something accompanying the link, even if it is just a smiley.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear!! this spam thing seems to be rife right now!!

Post Thanks / Like

Must be spam week festival

The latest lot seems to be coming from the same person/people. With all the letter-number names it can seem like lots of different people, but it is often not. Obviously theses people have nothing better to do with their time.
    ~Mosaic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast