A pray for Suha and Lebanon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria_Aya

Hi all
I guess that you have all till now know whats happening in Lebanon for the last 48 hours.
Just saw on CNN that Israel bombed the International Beirout Airport.
Suha is there, spoke with her last night, they are all very anxious. Till now she and family are safe, since she is living in the Christian Area of Beirout (she is greek orthodox) and Israel is bombing the southern of Beirout where is the Hezbollah - muslim area. But ofcourse we are speaking about the same city.
Thousends of tourists are trying to get out of the country, mostly throu the borders with Syria. The International Beirout Airport closed, so no flights.
I was planing to go there next week, and same for begining of August many of Suha's international students for a weektreat and showing us the hidden Lebanon. Its a pitty for all of us, cause Suha was planing meeting for us with Setrak (yes the tabla player) and Sabah !!! (they are family friends).

War is always a paranoic thing. There is never someone that is right and someone that is wrong. And at the end all places lose. Special when we speak about the middle -east subject its extremly complicated.
In any case praying that all this will stop soon, and Lebanon as a country continue the try they are doing the last 5 years to forget the civil war they had almost for 20 years and become a modern country.

Maria Aya

www.cnn.com for more

Demelza

Thankyou Maria,

lets hope that there will be calm soon and that peace will be upon everyone in this torn area of the world. And that innocents will be unharmed.

War is for nothing but the soil that bears it's weed of hatred

Demelza x

slinks

This is all so senceless !!!

I too say thanks for letting us know that at least some people are okay

Last edited:

Maria_Aya

Just spoke with Suha
They are staying in house, its not allowed people at the roads, airport bombed, and Israel is blocking ships.
The borders closed some hours ago, so even the foreignh travelers cant get out. Dancers are there, and our own Emma from Sweeden is there also, she is with Suha now. First chance they get out they will come to Greece.

Maria Aya

Zurah

Oh dear... I instantly thought about Suha when I saw the news, I am so glad to hear she and her family are okay. My teach visited Lebanon just a couple of weeks ago, and says it's such a fabulous place... it's just so strange how everything there can change so quickly.

Michelle

Maria, I am glad that Suha and family are okay. My thoughts are with the people of Lebanon right now.
I don't want to take sides in an ancient issue and don't know the full extent of the problems between Israel and the Muslim countries surrounding it. But what I do know is that retalliation is not the answer. War is not the answer. Killing innocent people is never the answer. Let's pray for peace and some sort of understanding so that this cycle of death and violence can be finally stopped....:(

Norma

Maria--Thank you for posting. I was thinking about Suha all morning after I heard the news. Please make sure she knows she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Yshka

Dear Maria,
Suha was the first thing I thought of when hearing of the Israeli attack on Lebanon. I was shocked to hear, since my teacher also visited Beirut just two weeks ago for the Amani festival, and kept on bragging about how wonderful Lebanon and Beirut are.

I hate hearing this and it scares the hell out of me that things like these still happen today. War sucks.

My thoughts are with Suha and all other innocent people now in the middle of these fights.:(

Iris

gwinity

Prayers and supportive vibes to Suha and the people of Lebanon during this terrible time. (Suha was my first thought when I head, too).

*hug* Stay safe.

chryssanthi sahar

My God, it is so terrible that they cannot get out of the circle of violance down there:( . Middle East is always burning. I'm glad that Suha and her family are o.k. and I wish and pray, that this is not going to be a long war.

Sara

Yea- Suha was my first thought too. Thanks Maria for letting us know.

I hope everything gets better soon. :(

Izdihar

God bless Suha and other innocent human-beings who are caught in the middle of this terrible conflict. As a Lebanese Christian told me in a chat room today:"I'm relieved that Israel might save us from these Hezb'allah oppressors, but I hope we'll be spared". War is terrible, but it's even worse to let tyrants and oppressors go unchecked. I know this is a very sensitive and emotionally charged issue. One about which I feel very strongly. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't hope for peace in the Middle East.

Michelle

I hate hearing this and it scares the hell out of me that things like these still happen today. War sucks.

Iris,
I couldn't agree with you more. The news that we're getting here in the US is not encouraging; there seems to be no end in sight and no compromise either. I pray that someone in power is suddenly overcome by some divine enlightenment and bravely decides ends this for the sake of the innocent. I'm not the most religious person but right now, I am praying for Suha and her loved ones.:(

zahra

Hi Maria,

Please send Suha (and her family) our love. Please let them know
we are happy to hear they are safe. We will keep everyone in our
thoughts and prayers. May peace and harmony come to the
Middle East.

Demelza

I spent a year in a town in Palastine near the Golan Hieghts, called Kyriat Shamona. There's not much left of that town anymore. i was working on a Jewish Kibutz, but spent allot of time in Shamona which was prodominantly Palastinian. It was only a few miles from the Lebanese border and we had to spend many a night in the bomb shelters. I used to hear both sides of the story, and sadly I don't feel there will ever be eternal peace in any of the middle eastern areas. My prayes are with both sides of the conflict and with all areas of the middle east.

Status
Not open for further replies.