IS Sadie?

Sita

Anyone ever tried Sadie's instructional DVDs? She a brilliant dancer, so I was thinking those might be worth ordering. Are they worth ordering?
If so which one? :)

Sadie
DVD Store / International Shipping Available / DVD's / Sadie Belly Dancer > The best belly dancing in Denver.

Welcome by the way to the forum. I have not got Sadie's DVD's - Sorry. However there have been a lot of Sadie based posts - including on her teaching technique. I know some members have been taught before by her. I mentioned this because it might be helpful for you to use the Search engine to find these posts. I think you would find them informative and helpful. The people who were taught by her seemed to give positive reviews if I remember correctly :D.

Sita

Amanda (was Aziyade)

I have several of her dvds and I think she's an excellent teacher. I don't have her 2 new ones from HMC, however. Pop Locks and Shimmies is very good, as is her Thrillin Drillin and drum solo dvds.

Thrillin Drillin is a great practice dvd. It's very challenging for intermediate to early advanced students.

She's adorable, and a great dancer. Her dvds are packed full of information and useful drills at many levels. I can fully recommend all of her older dvds.

Ariella

I've got her "Dynamic Drum Solo" DVD.

Things I liked:
- She gives very clear explanations.
- The video is filmed with her in front of a mirror, so you can see both sides of her at once.
- She demonstrates everything from two angles.
- The choreo she teaches is certainly "dynamic" and interesting.
- I feel like I'm learning a lot of new, fun movements.

Things I didn't like:
- This particular drum solo feels a bit "hurried".
- On a similar note, I'm not huge on how she interpreted this particular drum solo. It seems overdone.
- Maybe I'm still getting used to her style, but it's not as gentle on the joints as I'm used to.

If you like her style, get her DVDs. Most of my negatives had to do with her style rather than the actual DVD. Her DVDs are very well filmed and professional. Oh the other hand, if you're not so sure about her style, there are lots of other good DVDs out there.

Nym

I bought Sadie's Thrillin Drillin. I watched the complete dvd before I started. I think I have reached maybe the first ten minutes or so and boy is it challenging. I think that it is well structured and the drills and the exercises should be done in sequence to derive the full benefits and the outcome you desire. :dance: