Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello yall, from Oklahoma

Hey,
    My name is Tami and I live in southern oklahoma. I haven't started belly dancing yet but I'm about to tomorrow actually. I'm gonna be using DVDs because there aren't any teachers around and I've read it's about the same deal except you can't get personal advisement on Belly Dancing. So that's why I'm really excited about this forum so I can get great advice! I'm getting the Veena and Neena Basic Dance DVD but soon gonna buy other better ones like Amira's Belly Dance 101 or something like that. Any ideas about DVDs I should get so I can get as much out of it as possible?

Anyway, I'm totally siked. I can't stop looking at youtube and researching. Man! I can't wait! lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tami

There are one or more threads about suitable beginners DVD's on the forum, so I guess you'll be able to find lots of information you need here.
    Nice to hear you're so enthousiastic about the dance already, wait till you start and you'll be addicted

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fellow Okies

Keep your eyes and ears open for potential teachers in your area. When I moved to Tulsa, there was only one website that kept popping up, and it turns out that instructor is, shall we say, a bit of a megalomaniac who isn't all she "pipes up" to be. I have joined a troupe that specializes in tribal and gypsy fusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmoon View Post
    Keep your eyes and ears open for potential teachers in your area. When I moved to Tulsa, there was only one website that kept popping up, and it turns out that instructor is, shall we say, a bit of a megalomaniac who isn't all she "pipes up" to be. I have joined a troupe that specializes in tribal and gypsy fusion.
    Hey, I know what troupe you're talking about. I saw it online too! It looked awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Tami! I recommend both Delilah’s Bellydance Workshop series and Leyla Jouvana’s 21 Shimmies and 1001 Variations.

Madeline

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tami
    Happy reading and happy posting at the best forum for oriental dance in net.

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Tami! How did the grand start of your belly dance studies work out?

Post Thanks / Like

welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast