Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you get on!

Post Thanks / Like

I will, I will! i printed out everyones suggestions and gave them to my class. Now we're in the process of each picking out a good song. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again everybody!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belly dance choreography

its so wonderful to know more tips across the world. thanks to the moderators lots of Goddesses learn more

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilith71 View Post
    Okay, okay my girls and I in class would like to make up our own dance and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how you add the moves to the beats? Do you write down the move while stopping and starting the song, then practice it out? Do you just start dancing the moves, then write it down later, or is there a master plan? Just curious as to how any newbies got started.

Move through all the layers and don't dwell or surf on the rhythm alone. Move though vocals (if any) base and mid beats and melody. So many dancers just skim along to the melody. A good dancer can pull out parts of the music with her body that bring into sharper focus for the audience the nuances that they may otherwise miss.

Post Thanks / Like

I find the more you listen to the piece of music, the more you hear - especially if you focus on a slightly different aspect of the music each time you listen. Try listening to just the beat one time through, focus on the melody another, or pick a particular instrument to follow. Its amazing what you can pick out and hear when you do. Good luck with your choreography!

Post Thanks / Like

I never write stuff down. It helps tons of people but just confuses me no end. When I create a choreography I first of all choose the piece of music and then I play it again and again and just muck about improvising to it and just letting the music flow and i just dance and dance. Then I can feel which moves go best with each beats and then I chose a handful I like and put them together. I then memorize them by repeating 1 or two moves again and again and again. It is hard but if I write stuff down it makes me count everything out in my head.If you improv lots to it then each time you will remember what you did at a certain point in the music and then you will tend to do that each time until your doing pretty much the same thing again and again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12