Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    New York out in the 'burbs of Lungh Eylund
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Belly Dance as therapy

Hmmmmmmmmm wondering if the therapy thing is tacked on because of something to do with that whole Victorian/Protestant Work Ethic thing/Puritain values ect? In that something can't just be for fun, art, ect... has to do something... or (sorry about food comparisions again) if it tastes good it has to be bad for you. The food thing also in this food is evil you must never eat it... ever as opposed to everything in moderation.
    Another thought about therapy... if you are learning about a culture that is very different from your own... you tend to look at some of the things in your culture in a different light. That can be a theraputic exercise. Just some mind wanderings from Creaks. who had too much sun on the Labor Day weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Creaky Old Dancer View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm wondering if the therapy thing is tacked on because of something to do with that whole Victorian/Protestant Work Ethic thing/Puritain values ect? In that something can't just be for fun, art, ect... has to do something... or (sorry about food comparisions again) if it tastes good it has to be bad for you. The food thing also in this food is evil you must never eat it... ever as opposed to everything in moderation.
    Another thought about therapy... if you are learning about a culture that is very different from your own... you tend to look at some of the things in your culture in a different light. That can be a theraputic exercise. Just some mind wanderings from Creaks. who had too much sun on the Labor Day weekend.
    I think it more likely tacked onto the hippy- dippy brand of feminism or the goddessy-smoddessy tribe.
    I keep thinking "Meet the Fockers"... Now where's a therapy group like that when you need it?

Post Thanks / Like

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234