Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure Sunny is a real darling, but hey... does he have no real friends to wisper in his ear???

I am really surprised at these ME places in London allowing that..

If 'he' was a 'she' then I feel this thread would be up in arms about this.

Male or female, loin cloths and coconuts are restricted for Tarzan and Jane only...

Post Thanks / Like

Another whisper might be:
    You look like you may be a very talented young dancer but how about when you are older and you might like to be taken seriously as a performer in Arab festivals, belly dance festivals and as a teacher. Change that image!!!!
    You can still look sexy with a few more whisps of chiffon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tezirah View Post
    I have seen Sunny Snake Boy dance and he was very entertaining, BUT, I have to admit I found myself wishing he had put a few more clothes on. I spent most of his performance wondering if he actually had anything on under his flimsy little skirt - yes, skirt - and hoping I wasn't going to find out! Great fun though.
    I was intrigued by his dancing but I must admit I was wondering the same thing as you. He wouldn't want snake boy to be confused with the one eyed snake - so a bit more clothes would be ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

He seems to have pretty decent technique, although this is the first time I've heard of/seen him. I'm not sure what the splits were all about, and I would have liked to see him in a "real" costume - but I'm impressed. Especially since he's a Brit - the land of (almost) no male Belly Dancers - I too wonder the how/where/when of his training. Entered with a veil too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    He seems to have pretty decent technique, although this is the first time I've heard of/seen him. I'm not sure what the splits were all about, and I would have liked to see him in a "real" costume - but I'm impressed. Especially since he's a Brit - the land of (almost) no male Belly Dancers - I too wonder the how/where/when of his training. Entered with a veil too!
    I actually think he has more than pretty decent technique.

The first one shown is a good clip and he looks good. I agree with you about the splits, but some people like to go crazy in order to impress. I once saw a video of Horacio do this and I didnt like that either, infact it was pretty vile.

I do take issue with this guys flimsy bit of cloth posing as a 'costume'.
    I mean, what statement does this make?

if we are what we wear then who is he?

I tend to look at things from this point of view.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wonder what explanation he would give for his skimpy outfit.
    He claims to be a costume designer so it can't be a lack of understanding about what constitutes a belly dance costume surely.
    Is it the desire to titillate, shock,get attention?
    It is difficult for male belly dancers as they are probably wondering just what to wear but however much we may or may not dislike what Khaled, Shafeek and Ozgen wear here in the UK (Hey Zorba...look we've male belly dancers and good ones, welcome in the community and hailed as class acts!) he has some good role models.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if one of his friend's could whisper in in ear about this discussion and he could appear on this forum.
    I like (most) of his dancing from what I see but hey my love, gerra pair of kecks!!!! And actually I prefer the torso covered a tad.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the guy I saw on Britain'd got more talent. still not many clothes, a snake drpaed round his neck and still doing the dodgy moves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline_afifi View Post
    I am sure Sunny is a real darling, but hey... does he have no real friends to wisper in his ear???

I am really surprised at these ME places in London allowing that..

If 'he' was a 'she' then I feel this thread would be up in arms about this.

Male or female, loin cloths and coconuts are restricted for Tarzan and Jane only...
    I posted that video once back in the day...... I agree with you, but I'mnot gonna go there. I think you've hit the nail on the head.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Looked to me like the family jewels were safely enscounced in something black and stretchy, though I now know more about the young man's underwear than I consider strictly necessary. What has me wincing is that head slinging move in the first video. I want to grab the child and tell him his neck has to last him his entire life.
    My thoughts exactly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast