A British Male dancer

lizaj

[video=youtube;FUpG4vt1hlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUpG4vt1hlA[/video]

Anyone know him? Is he home grown or a visitor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caroline_afifi

No, I have never seen him.

His dancing does not appear 'home grown' to me, although who knows?

usually, people are seen at festivals etc. around the country when they get to this stage of performance... or they are discovered with a 'ready made' talent after coming here from other countries and are immediately sprung onto the stage.

He is performing at the London Mela which is an Indian Festival is it not?

We have one in Liverpool which is pure Indian arts.

lizaj

Yes I think it is.
Did I spot a Tribal move in there and he appears to have a female"backing group";)?

Caroline_afifi

Tribal? I say more 'Tito-esque' :think:

PS. I just watched it again and yes, he does through the 'air knitting' move in with some chest pops! lol

lizaj

Tribal? I say more 'Tito-esque' :think:

PS. I just watched it again and yes, he does through the 'air knitting' move in with some chest pops! lol

That's the one...... now don't laugh..... the air knitting or trying to get the chewie off yer fingers is called the "Egyptian" move.;):lol:

Eshta

Honestly, I don't really know, he just seemed to 'appear'! He says he's been dancing belly dance for the last 10 years. He doesn't have a site or anything but I'll see if I can find out some more about him and report back :lol:

zafirah

I have seen him at a few events but his announcment blurb have never mentioned who he learnt with etc. Having seen him dance a few times, I'd be very suprised if he hasn't watched quite a lot of BDSS vids.

The kidz these days mostly use facebook:

Login | Facebook

zaf

Tezirah

I have seen Sunny Snake Boy dance and he was very entertaining, BUT, I have to admit I found myself wishing he had put a few more clothes on. I spent most of his performance wondering if he actually had anything on under his flimsy little skirt - yes, skirt - and hoping I wasn't going to find out! Great fun though.

Caroline_afifi

[
QUOTE=Tezirah;127033]I have seen Sunny Snake Boy dance and he was very entertaining, BUT, I have to admit I found myself wishing he had put a few more clothes on. I spent most of his performance wondering if he actually had anything on under his flimsy little skirt - yes, skirt - and hoping I wasn't going to find out! Great fun though.
[/QUOTE]

GASP in horror!!!

And I am SOOOO not a prude.

Tezirah

Hey, I found a youtube clip with THAT outfit. Maybe it's just me being a prude (first time for everything)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tezirah

Oh rats, it's not working. Go to youtube and type in Sunny Snake Boy if you want a peek. It's the first one that comes up.

lizaj

Hey, I found a youtube clip with THAT outfit. Maybe it's just me being a prude (first time for everything)!

It's not just you.
He says he into costume design ..well, he is being rather minimalist isn't he?;)
He would make me feel uncomfortable dressed like that and unable to concentrate on his dancing which may or may not be very good.

It seems some prefere getting attention by shocking and surprising and not capturing us with their skill.

lizaj

YouTube - Snake Boy Sunny - Male bellydancer

here it is... so, what kind of place is this he is dancing in?

I just found this too... it says 'Sheherazade' (is it a restaurant?) I went to a Persian one of this name on Kensindton High St a few years back.

if this guy is working in restaurants, you would think he could afford some clothes.. bless.

YouTube - snake boy (sunny) dancing at Night of Shahrzad

That second sight is frankly horrible and would put me right off my taramasalata. He looks like he has grabbed a bit of drapery/curtaining and put it on over his black Y fronts. Mind you minimal laundering required

Eshta

Shahrzad is another monthly belly dance show in a Persian restaurant. Sunny is one of their 'resident' dancers.

I'm keeping quiet :)

He's a real sweety and quite a funny character, but I have to agree, I am not keen on the chiffon whisp of material for the reasons already mentioned.

Sita

YouTube - Snake Boy Sunny - Male bellydancer

here it is... so, what kind of place is this he is dancing in?

I just found this too... it says 'Sheherazade' (is it a restaurant?) I went to a Persian one of this name on Kensindton High St a few years back.

if this guy is working in restaurants, you would think he could afford some clothes.. bless.

YouTube - snake boy (sunny) dancing at Night of Shahrzad

Well that was a interesting experience.. at least he has a unique style of his own.

Sita

lizaj

Shahrzad is another monthly belly dance show in a Persian restaurant. Sunny is one of their 'resident' dancers.

I'm keeping quiet :)

He's a real sweety and quite a funny character, but I have to agree, I am not keen on the chiffon whisp of material for the reasons already mentioned.

Well I hope he considers giving his talent the chance to shine rather than his costume "designs". There is nothing better than a unique and entertaining dancer but I don't want to squirm while I dine.

Shanazel

Looked to me like the family jewels were safely enscounced in something black and stretchy, though I now know more about the young man's underwear than I consider strictly necessary. What has me wincing is that head slinging move in the first video. I want to grab the child and tell him his neck has to last him his entire life.