I know who I am when I belly dance

lizaj

A handbook for reclaiming your true feminine self by Daleela Morad.

My review begins SIGH :shok::rolleyes:

I should have known better...anyone else been tempted...

especially the bit on how to integrate your shimmies "for an enhanced lovemaking session" and there's pictures...:lol:

Shanazel

especially the bit on how to integrate your shimmies "for an enhanced lovemaking session" and there's pictures...:lol:

Hmm. What if one's lover mistakes the shimmies for seizures in the heat of the moment?

lizaj

Below is a copy of my post on Bhuz..:rolleyes: this book is dire....

I had hoped this book was about why women in the West take up belly-dancing instead it's part belly dance as therapy/part how to seduce your sultan.....now part from godessy-smoddessy cr*p,nothing else is better designed to a) make me helpless with laughter b)speechless with exasperation.
Still this book claims belly dancing can:
mend a broken heart
release past wounds
heal sexual wounds
get away from the wrong man
dance away your grief
alleviate certain medical conditions - yes exercise can make you feel good,improve your health but these kind of claims seem to make it seem as if belly dance has some sort of magical qualities
mesmerise and tantalise your husband,make him feel special..blah bah...why is it always about what we can do for men..let 'em get their own f***ing therapy

and I'm getting so irritated reading this verbage( or some similar word) I am gonna need some thearapy

Sita

Heal sexual wounds?? *looking a little worried now*

as for pleasing your sultan? please, it's about time the favour was returned and men had this kind of rubbish teaching them to please us.. umm.. odaliques?? sultana males me think to much of the fruit.:confused:

Sita

lizaj

I don't think the shimmying is going to help those.

You wanna read the "sensory awakening ritual."..all you need is blindfold, your zills,tambourine,drum.bits of silk a feather,grapes,baklava and grape leaves...
.. he may need a paramedic of course but hey ho....

Mosaic

Super Moderator
You wanna read the "sensory awakening ritual."..all you need is blindfold, your zills,tambourine,drum.bits of silk a feather,grapes,baklava and grape leaves...

Maybe he would need a dancing paramedic.

As for layering shimmies, I'm with Aniseteph on that one:D

Glad I never heard of this book before your review, as i am a bit of a magpie when it comes to books about BD
~Mosaic

Sita

especially if he has allergies to feathers and nuts;)
Who was the publisher that brought this?:shok:
Sita

P.S I am off to dance my grief away and connect with the cosmic rainbow :yay:

gisela

Super Moderator
hahaha baklava goes sooo bad together with silk and feathers.

Sticky, fatty, sugary cake just doesn't mix with a nice piece of silk :rolleyes:

Aniseteph

I am feeling so sorry for the poor men who have to put up with this nonsense. (and any innocent silk veils that get dragged into it)

Shanazel

Veils to drag men by? Sort of an updating and re-gendering of the old fashioned caveman tactic of dragging a woman by her hair? Hmm. You might could be a hit on several types of markets with an innovation like that, Alosha!

lizaj

nUmber 24.
"Your lover is a king with his own harem and you his favourite. Dress up your bedroom to look like a Hollywood Harem (Is that the chicken ranch?) Place plenty of pillows on the floor to sit on,drape veils over tables and other furniture, (hide the Ikea and hope it doesn't fall over on you),place a bowl of grapes by the bed (so you can spit pips at him) and use red light bulbs ( can you get light efficiency ones in red...hasn't she heard of EU directives?) for soft lighting. Use your imagination and play the part of his Fantasy Harem girl. Treat him like the king he is.".... do we we have a sick bucket smilie? BARF BARF....

lizaj

13. Belly Dancer Tattoo

Have the artist place the tatto on your buttocks ( is that across both!?) and then surprise him during lovemaking. This will be a sight he will always remember.

:lol::lol: I'll say and can you imagine when you go in for that hip replacement;)

Aniseteph

OK now I'm confused - is this a picture OF a belly dancer (hee hee, watch her jump!) or some Arabesque calligraphy, genie lamp, camel....?

Either way I don't it would necessarily be a sight to remember in a good way.

(PS. got it - it's a whole troupe, across both cheeks! :lol: :lol: :lol:)

i know who i am when i bellydance

why? why ?why? this book be written :rolleyes: and please pass that sick bucket. any one who knows anything knows a husband isn't a sultan when it comes to bellydancers he's your trusty native bearer for the goodies you find at dance fairs and fabric shops. After the shopping trip you can be very nice to him by not playing your bd cds in the car and having a nice dinner (either out, take-in, or do it yourself)