All Teachers

Nur Al Leyali

hey why not just post my practice page at youtube it will definatly let you see my forms and silliness and mess ups .. u knw the stuff u dont see in the performances hahaha. if u like to give me any advice or tell me what im doing wrong im all for it .. i love constructive critism i all ears!!!
[ YouTube - tmagill205's Channel ]
Regards Nura;)

Aisha Azar

???

hey why not just post my practice page at youtube it will definatly let you see my forms and silliness and mess ups .. u knw the stuff u dont see in the performances hahaha. if u like to give me any advice or tell me what im doing wrong im all for it .. i love constructive critism i all ears!!!
[ YouTube - tmagill205's Channel ]
Regards Nura;)

Dear Nur,
Do you have a regular instructor? NO teacher can be really helpful analyzing the things that you put on Youtube and then telling you what you should fix or how to fix it. This takes face to face instruction. If you do not have a regular teacher, I would advise you to get one. if you do have, the best thing is to ask her or his advice and criticism. If you want classes from any of the rest of us, hire us to come there or attend our classes.
Regards,
A'isha

kayshier

Dear Nur,
Do you have a regular instructor? NO teacher can be really helpful analyzing the things that you put on Youtube and then telling you what you should fix or how to fix it. This takes face to face instruction. If you do not have a regular teacher, I would advise you to get one. if you do have, the best thing is to ask her or his advice and criticism. If you want classes from any of the rest of us, hire us to come there or attend our classes.
Regards,
A'isha

on another note a'isha, would you advocate live online instruction? sometimes costs can be prohibitive for a student and this might be the only way to get 'hands on' instruction.
i mean its live...so you can see each other..

Shanazel

I perform various styles and fusion some of which are here in my dance practice profile, others include veil fan dancing, fan dance, egyptian stylized dancing, tribal fusions, American caberet style, along with other forms I have not metioned. If you are interested in booking me feel free to visit my website or call. please remember to limit inquiries for the states of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and florida. I will not be traveling outside of those states .
Thanks and please feel free to browse my practice dances. Nothing professional in them but definatly fun and entertaining.

Dear Nur,

I am willing to tell you something for nothing. Posting your practice dances in your practice costume along with your professional advertisement is not a good idea. If you are serious about doing this, you want to present yourself as completely professional and not include "silliness and mess ups" for prospective employers to see and judge you by. You also should consider enlisting the aid of a good copywriter to help you create a concise, interesting, correctly spelled advertisement. As it stands now, you come across as an amateur hoping for a break and not as a professional used to booking gigs.

What is Egyptian Stylized Dancing?

Shanazel

Nur Al Leyali

Dear Nur,

I am willing to tell you something for nothing. Posting your practice dances in your practice costume along with your professional advertisement is not a good idea. If you are serious about doing this, you want to present yourself as completely professional and not include "silliness and mess ups" for prospective employers to see and judge you by. You also should consider enlisting the aid of a good copywriter to help you create a concise, interesting, correctly spelled advertisement. As it stands now, you come across as an amateur hoping for a break and not as a professional used to booking gigs.
What is Egyptian Stylized Dancing?

Shanazel

Shanazel , thank u so much for your comment but mainly this was posted for my lovely teacher to view at her own timing so that she may correct me in my boo boos, and I only put the professionalism to th side because i was told that I was making a big mistake by not representing my practice in a professional manner. but if im wrong i'd love to hear it .. im having plenty of problems right now so,,, I appreciate allllllll comments and advice... May I ask how you would represent this page in a manner suiting a pro dancer that is currently taking classes and needs the advice of her teacher.... Miss Shanazel what would you write to the side of the page if it were you posting for a teachers veiw but in the eyes of the public... no need to go greatly detailed just a lil advice would be very helpful.
Regards Nura
ps. egyptian stylized dancing is when you are doing a egyptian peice with egyptian moves and feel but you are not doing the style as a whole and you r not doing a fusion , i would never credit myself a pure egyptian style and i will not use that as a credit to myself .. I tell the truth ... stylized not purely .. Its a term me and other ladies have came up with to represent what we do with out taking credit or changing the true egyptian style because of its beauty we would never take a credit for something we can not perform completely.

Last edited:

Nur Al Leyali

Dear Nur,
Regards,
A'isha

SOOO Crankyyyy ... Im gonna give u big hug and kiss .... I can understand your frustration and i truely would like to say sorry if i was out of line to ask for advice ... not anything more .. not looking for free class hahaha. just looking for constuctive critisim. but thanks miss Aisha !

Aisha Azar

Teachers, etc.

on another note a'isha, would you advocate live online instruction? sometimes costs can be prohibitive for a student and this might be the only way to get 'hands on' instruction.
i mean its live...so you can see each other..

Dear Kayshier,
I don't know.... I have no experience with it. I do know that there is no way that even live camera, unless it is very high quality, tells you very much about the dancer and her/his skills. Youtube definitely does not for the most part, unless one has studied for many years. You get a general idea but very few real details!
Regards,
A'isha

Aisha Azar

Dance etc.

SOOO Crankyyyy ... Im gonna give u big hug and kiss .... I can understand your frustration and i truely would like to say sorry if i was out of line to ask for advice ... not anything more .. not looking for free class hahaha. just looking for constuctive critisim. but thanks miss Aisha !

Dear Nur,
You did not present it as something for your teacher. You asked us all to give you constructive criticism. I may be cranky, but at I have a little sense about dance ettiquette. You are not out of line to ask for advise, but please do not misrepresent what you are doing. If you want constructive criticism, putting yourself out there on Youtube is not a good way to get it as people often think that what they are seeing on Youtube is professional quality dance. Honey, you have not seen me Cranky as of yet......
Regards,
A'isha

Last edited:

da Sage

Shanazel , thank u so much for your comment but mainly this was posted for my lovely teacher to view at her own timing so that she may correct me in my boo boos, and I only put the professionalism to th side because i was told that I was making a big mistake by not representing my practice in a professional manner. but if im wrong i'd love to hear it .. im having plenty of problems right now so,,, I appreciate allllllll comments and advice... May I ask how you would represent this page in a manner suiting a pro dancer that is currently taking classes and needs the advice of her teacher.... Miss Shanazel what would you write to the side of the page if it were you posting for a teachers veiw but in the eyes of the public... no need to go greatly detailed just a lil advice would be very helpful.
Regards Nura

Hi Nura!

I believe there is a way to post your you-tube videos so that only people on your friends list can see them. So you should put only your very best videos up for general viewing with your professional/booking information, but set up your "work in progress" videos so that their viewing is restricted.

I am VERY rough when I am working on a move or combination, and then it will all come together at once and look beautiful. You don't want the public to see your rough stuff if you can help it.;) I know I don't want anyone to see my practices!

PS: I do really like your positive energy and the feeling you project in the cane dance. I think you have a lot of potential as a performer; I hope your teacher is able to help you fulfill that!

Last edited:

Kashmir

Dear Kayshier,
I don't know.... I have no experience with it. I do know that there is no way that even live camera, unless it is very high quality, tells you very much about the dancer and her/his skills. Youtube definitely does not for the most part, unless one has studied for many years. You get a general idea but very few real details!
Regards,
A'isha
Yes, and you need to see different aspects of the dancer at different times. Which is why I walk around my students - sometimes checking front, side on or from the back. Flat front (or even with back in mirror) flattened even by a good camera is hopeless.

And yes, expereinced dancers asking for help can be irritaing - espcially when you can spend a lot of time trying to be helpful and you have a good idea they'll only pick up the bits they want to hear :(

Nur Al Leyali

Hi Nura!

I believe there is a way to post your you-tube videos so that only people on your friends list can see them. So you should put only your very best videos up for general viewing with your professional/booking information, but set up your "work in progress" videos so that their viewing is restricted.

I am VERY rough when I am working on a move or combination, and then it will all come together at once and look beautiful. You don't want the public to see your rough stuff if you can help it.;) I know I don't want anyone to see my practices!

PS: I do really like your positive energy and the feeling you project in the cane dance. I think you have a lot of potential as a performer; I hope your teacher is able to help you fulfill that!

oh wow how very helpful you are ... I did not know that you could do that . How sweet to take the time to tell me that !!! I have really been agrevated with some of the not so clean remarks from men ... If you have a min or two one day please email me how to do that on youtube. tmagill@ymail.com .
oh and thank u about the very nice compliment u gave me. 7 years I thought by now I'd be a pro. shows what I know hahaha. takes more then time i guess. It takes heart. Thanks so much for the response! Regards Nura

Nur Al Leyali

I'd like to give Miss Aisha Azar a big hug and kissy just cause I wanna !!! Have a great day !!!!! :yay::redface::tongue::dance:

da Sage

oh wow how very helpful you are ... I did not know that you could do that . How sweet to take the time to tell me that !!! I have really been agrevated with some of the not so clean remarks from men ... If you have a min or two one day please email me how to do that on youtube. tmagill@ymail.com .
oh and thank u about the very nice compliment u gave me. 7 years I thought by now I'd be a pro. shows what I know hahaha. takes more then time i guess. It takes heart. Thanks so much for the response! Regards Nura

You know, I have never even put up a video, but my friends have, and some of them are friends-locked. I wish they would lock the videos that have me in them!:lol: So it is probably not too hard to do, once you know you can do it.;)

I'm coming to the end of 4 years of good lessons from great teachers, and I'm still not happy with many parts of my dancing. Nothing for it but to soldier on!

Last edited: