Anybody going to watch the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony?

Dev

I know many of you don't know about Commonwealth games , well its the third largest sporting event and celebrated by all the Commonwealth nations. Its not a political forum but Commonwealth is more like an organisation for cultural and educational exchange.

Delhi was awarded the games in 2003 and they had to make all the world standard infrastructure to prepare for the games. The media already claimed it as a failure, as India does the last minute preparations in typical style they are putting the final touches just before the game starts tmr. A bit like the Athens Olympic

Anyway its going to be big and colourful in the usual Indian way.

Sunday is the opening ceremony. For Australia its the channel Ten. Uk and all other territories its BBC . Canada and African nations will have their national broadcaster who will show the opening and closing.

Here are some pics from the athletics coming to Delhi also a sneak-preview of the opening games.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I am the most unsport-like person around, I don't even watch the Olympics, so no won't be watching the opening ceremony. I have never watched any commonwealth games or Olympic stuff & am unlikely to start now:D.
~Mosaic

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I love watching opening game presentations. I'll be watching the opening ceremony. I love India's culture and can't wait to see what they do. Starts here in just under an hour.

Last edited:

Dev

I love watching opening game presentations. I'll be watching the opening ceremony. I love India's culture and can't wait to see what they do. Starts here in just under an hour.

It was spectacular , a bit too colourful and a bit chaotic. I was happy that they kept Bollywood out of the site except AR Rehman .

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Actually I loved it, I loved all the colors, dancing, drumming, etc. I however was slightly disapointed that they didn't include Bollywood but there was one part when he was singing "ja ho" that the dancers around him I think were doing more bollywood like dance.