Anyone Teach in College Station, Tex?

Jet Phoenix

Good Morning! I haven't been active in a while, since life got in my way! :lol:

It seems that my husband is taking a seminar in College Station, Tx in July. Whenever we travel, I like to take lessons - to get a different view point, learn new stuff, and meet other dancers!:D

I have looked around at Shira.net and google, but no one has responded to my emails. I think some of the websites are a bit dated (no! can you imagine that!:lol: )

I would be interested in taking a class on the 15th or 16th, so please let me know time & prices.

Thanks!!!

Meredanc

Hi Jet Pheonix,

I'm a dancer here in College Station.

Unfortuately your choices for instructors here are very limited. Victoria teaches at Just4Dancers, but I am not sure if they do drop-ins.

Not sure what you are looking for in terms of level, I think she has 2. There are a few other instructors in town (that I know) only teach beginning. I only do privates. We are all very young dancers here building our scene right now :)

Are you in TX? Cause if you are visiting TX and are willing to travel a couple hours there are fabulous instructors in Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio!

Enjoy College Station while you are here!!
Meredith

Last edited:

Jet Phoenix

I do live in Texas, but waaaay up north, in Wichita Falls. My husband has a seminar in College Station next week.

I don't think traveling a couple of hours is an option for me--I will have too much car time as it is! :lol:

Thx for the links, I have went to both of them last month, and emailed but no responses. :( Thank you, though, Shanazel.

Meredith:
As for my level, I teach a beginning class and an advanced class, but I am always looking to broaden my horizens. After all, different areas have different techniques and styles, you know?

Plus, it lets me meet other dances--which is half the fun:dance:

I will email the address you posted, and hope for the best. I will be coming to town on the 14th, and leaving the 16th. So that pretty much leaves the 15th. I wouldn't mind a private lesson, I just think classes or more fun! :lol:

Thanks!

Meredanc

I do live in Texas, but waaaay up north, in Wichita Falls. My husband has a seminar in College Station next week.

I don't think traveling a couple of hours is an option for me--I will have too much car time as it is! :lol:

Thx for the links, I have went to both of them last month, and emailed but no responses. :( Thank you, though, Shanazel.

Meredith:
As for my level, I teach a beginning class and an advanced class, but I am always looking to broaden my horizens. After all, different areas have different techniques and styles, you know?

Plus, it lets me meet other dances--which is half the fun:dance:

I will email the address you posted, and hope for the best. I will be coming to town on the 14th, and leaving the 16th. So that pretty much leaves the 15th. I wouldn't mind a private lesson, I just think classes or more fun! :lol:

Thanks!

Jet - I totally understand the "different area = different style".....I began dancing in Washington DC and coming to TX was dance shock! I'm driving the 3 hours to San Antonio to study with Karen Barbee, who has yet a different style! But it has been sooo worth it.

Let me know if you can't get something worked out for a group class, perhaps we can trade private lessons or something? I am always happy to have the chance to study with someone coming to town! :cool:

Meredith

Jet Phoenix

Hey Meredith! I did get an email from Victoria this week. My computer has been in the computer hospital, so I haven't been able to be online since last monday. They said there was nothing wrong with it, but it still is so sloooowww it is driving me crazy!

I'm hoping for a lesson on Wednesday, so I will see what goes on there.

I would love to meet and compare notes, or rather moves! LOL We will be staing at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Give me an email off list, and maybe we can exchange contact infomation! :D jet_phoenix at mail dot com.

Last edited: