Attending a workshop anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurah

I'm going to Malagá in april to Victoria Ivanova's festival. Going to take workshops with Farida Fahmy and Asi Haskal. I'm so excited!!

Anyone going (Zurah maybe?;))? Would love to meet any of you there!

:( Unfortunately, I have to travel on March to take care of some family :)mad:) and business affairs, which leaves me broke for Apr. :( :( So I'm workshopped out, but I'll be sure to mention it in class, and maybe I will be able to enjoy it vicariously through one of my classmates (grr... I'm so disappointed.)

Adiva

Nuriya has send me an e-mail and she is abraod for workshops.I am sure she will answer to you as soon as possible!:)

Yeah I just got an email as well... But I am always like this, panicking that I won't get my ticket in time and miss the show hihi :p bad habit I guess... I am just so excited :D

fadua21

The thing that worries is me is that I have paid for my ticket but not yet received them!!! The organiser of the festival doesn't reply to my email so I'm wondering what's wrong :s

Hopefully you'll be able to make it!!!!

Dear Adiva,
I also bought my ticket to see the show next week. Nuriyya just answered my emails. I was worried as well, because I had not heard from her. Did you sign up for any of the workshops?

Miranda Phoenix

I will be attending:

03-02-08 The People's Choice, MA
03-29-08 Shimmies for a Cure II, MA
04-12-08 Amy Sigil's workshop, CT
06-06-08 Spring Caravan, NJ (Fri thru Sun)
07-13-08 Riskallah Riyad's workshop, MA
October-08 Rakkasah East, NJ (Wed thru Sun)
10-19-08 Raks Spooki III, MA

And probably lots o' stuff in between. : )

Anyone else going to any of these?

Miranda

fadua21

Dear Gang,
Well, I don't know if this counts, but I am teaching a costume workshop tomorrow. We will cover a history of the belly dance costume, three different basic construction types for belts and how to make them really fit properly, how to cover a bra with fabric when necessary, several different flatwork beading techniques for great appliques, etc.
After the workshop, my dance company is sponsoring the area's first Belly Dance Swapmeet. It should be fun!
Regards,
A'isha

Dear A'isha:
This sounds like a very interesting workshop. I like to do some sewing myself, nothing fancy, but one day I would like to design and make my own BD costume. You should come to Belgium and teach a costume workshop, and while you are here, teach some BD moves!
Fadua

Adiva

Dear Adiva,
I also bought my ticket to see the show next week. Nuriyya just answered my emails. I was worried as well, because I had not heard from her. Did you sign up for any of the workshops?

Unfortunately I can't attend any workshops because I am working that weekend and my shifts go from 7 am until 7.30 pm so nothing for me :s
But I am excited to see the show though ;)

Aisha Azar

Teaching

Dear A'isha:
This sounds like a very interesting workshop. I like to do some sewing myself, nothing fancy, but one day I would like to design and make my own BD costume. You should come to Belgium and teach a costume workshop, and while you are here, teach some BD moves!
Fadua

Dear Fadua,
I would love to teach in Europe, both costuming and dance classes!
Regards,
A'isha

Aisha Azar

Europe

Oh A'isha you should come. Make a European Tour! Come to Denmark and save us!

Dear Gisela,
I wish it was that simple!! Usually people sponsor instructors, because if we just show up, we do not have an itinerary,a place to teach or sleep or perform, etc. If you know of someone who sponsors dancers, you could let them know that you would attend an event where I am the presenter. That might give them an incentive to sponsor me. Then I would fly over to Europe and meet some of the wonderful dancersfrom here on this forum. I would love that.
I am stopping off at Heathrow Airport for a few hours on my way to Cairo in April. Does that count??
Regards,
A'isha

fadua21

Title of song

By the way Fadua, maybe you can help me. Perhaps you remember the drum solo by Farah? It was in part 2, right before Artemisia had her veil dance? I just loved the song Farah used for her drum solo and I was wondering if perhaps you know the title-artist of that song?

Are you french or flemish-speaking? Or both ;)

Dear Adiva,
I found out the name of the song, is: Drum Language by Issam Houshan. Is in the album Masters of Arabian Percussion.
Hope this info helps. Take care,
Fadua

Stella Zahir

Yeah I just got an email as well... But I am always like this, panicking that I won't get my ticket in time and miss the show hihi :p bad habit I guess... I am just so excited :D

Hi!!!! I have my tickets for Belgium and I am soooooo excited!!!!!!:dance: I will send you a privet mail with my mobile so we can meet there!

Adiva

Dear Adiva,
I found out the name of the song, is: Drum Language by Issam Houshan. Is in the album Masters of Arabian Percussion.
Hope this info helps. Take care,
Fadua

Wow thank you so much!! I'll look for it :d

Hi!!!! I have my tickets for Belgium and I am soooooo excited!!!!!!:dance: I will send you a privet mail with my mobile so we can meet there!

I am so looking forward to the show this friday :) Though I am still not sure if my ticket is in the mail or is waiting for me on friday :p

Just attended a workshop this sunday about all kinds of figure eights and I really needed that one :p It was lots of fun and I believe it helped ;)

Adiva

Sharon Kihara

Just enrolled myself for 2 workshops with Sharon Kihara, I am like SOOOOOOOOO excited :) It's not until May though, so I'll have to be patient... But I am looking so forward to it !!!

fadua21

Ya Salam Festival

Dear Adiva,
Would you share your comments about the Ya Salam Festival? Were you able to go? I liked most of it, the food was good, and I bought a circle skirt. The show...mmm... I am not sure... I have mixed thoughts.

Fadua

Makeda Maysa

Just in case anyone will be there ...

I will be in Madame Raqia Hassan's Saidi technique/choreography workshops on Sunday, April 6th and The NDC will be dancing in the show in her honor on Friday, April 4th. If you're there, stop and say Hi!

Gia al Qamar

I just finished a WONDERFUL workshop with the sensational Nourhan Sharif here in NJ...her technqiue is invaluable to dancers!!!
Gia

Rana

Hi,

I will also go to the Sharon Kihara workshop and to one of the Aziza workshops too! I'l so looking forward too it!! Jihaaaa!

Razia

Today I had a really fun workshop: Turkish gypsy with Serkan, it was totally different than what I am used to but it was really fun, it was for me the first time also I was thaught by a male bellydancer :)

2 weeks ago I did a workshop about hip drops & -kicks and in 2 weeks I'll attend a workshop about all kinds of figure of eights, I'm excited (cuz I suck at them :lol:) And perhaps in april I'll attend a workshop with Razia (about drum solos) but not sure yet if it's my level (don't want to frustrate the teacher by being so sucky :p)

I have only been bellydancing since september but I am a total addict

Hi Adiva!
The drum solo workshop will feature a choreography that I have taught to a wide range of student levels, so unless your teacher says ''no way, you're not ready'', then give it a try ;)

Razia

I'm attending Khaled's khaleeji workshop and one of Kay Taylor's workshops at JOY next weekend, and then I'm teaching my own workshops and performing in Leuven at the end of April (so exciting, thanks Artemisia!). I'm really looking forward to attending the Aziza workshops in Brussells (full weekend pass, baby!) in May/June, and I will be performing in the show as well :dance: If I'm not totally broke, I want to go to Raqs Britannia, but we'll see............:think:

Adiva

Hi Adiva!
The drum solo workshop will feature a choreography that I have taught to a wide range of student levels, so unless your teacher says ''no way, you're not ready'', then give it a try ;)

Well I can only hope that you won't say I'm not ready :p I am really looking forward to the workshop and the hafla of course!!!

I see that your location says: UK, I thought you were from the US, no?

I am also attending the Aziza workshops, but medium level though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.