Babel site

Suhad

Thanks so much for posting the link for the learning Arabic page!

I really feel that it's important to be able to understand the lyrics of the songs I dance to, and rather than constantly prevail on people like Morsiii to translate, I'd like to actually be able to understand it myself. Plus, I could actually talk to some of the people I meet!

Way cool.

Think it's easier than Gaelic? I was learning that, cuz my grandparents spoke the Irish dialect, but I don't have anyone to speak it with around here.

Sara

Oh I speak un peu of Gaelic. My family were Irish on one side too. It's vey pretty I think. I am really crap at it though.

Demelza

Hello there Suhad.
Just wanted to say good luck with your Arabic.....It's a really beautiful language, very aggresive but sexy at the same time. Apparantley English is the most difficult language to learn after latin. I speak Arabic fluently but don't know how to read or write it, so I'm gonna use the site for that ! Hopefully one day I'll be able to knock more out on paper than just my name ! x (well actually I can write '(my name)' LOVES '(my ex's name)' - .............................how sad !!:p

Moon

Demelza said:
Apparantley English is the most difficult language to learn after latin.

Really? I think that depends on what your native language is.

Demelza said:
Hopefully one day I'll be able to knock more out on paper than just my name ! x (well actually I can write '(my name)' LOVES '(my ex's name)' - .............................how sad !! :p

No, that's sweet!! :)

Demelza

....It WAS sweet, now he's a gonna, I need to learn to write something else !! (Sorry I'm a bit bitter, I was with him for 13 years, up untill 3 months ago, since I was 17 :( xx)
no, hang on....:) :D :cool: xxx