Beautiful costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanazel

Sarah's article on constructing this modern version of a Salome costume is fascinating reading for folks who make their own costumes. The technical problem of the circular appearance of non-circular cups would've been enough to make me sit down and chew my nails!

Samira_dncr

Ooh that is nice. :D

It looks awesome with the strong eye make-up. Now that's what I call lashes!

I am probably one of the only people in the world that has seen Tanya without her lashes...bwahahahah. That's my big claim to fame. She and I used to dance at Caesar's Palace...ages ago, which was prior to me having 2 babies and becoming a mom.

Tanya was at the birth of my daughter...and she brought us all matching tierras. Seriously! I have a photo of Tanya, myself, and newborn Sierra (still attached by the cord) all wearing rhinestones. Good lord, I love Tanya!! She is the ultimate.

Samira_dncr

Sarah's article on constructing this modern version of a Salome costume is fascinating reading for folks who make their own costumes. The technical problem of the circular appearance of non-circular cups would've been enough to make me sit down and chew my nails!

Wow...that one is just breathtaking.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sarah's costumes are absolutely beautiful & unique, so much work. Obviously a labour of love. That Salome one is is one I haven't seen before it is gorgeous.

I wish she was my best friend ;)- I would beg on bended knee for her to make me something amazing:lol:

I personally don't think any Bella's, Sahars etc come close to Sarah's costumes.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
I love Sarah skinner's costumes too! The time I've spent browsing her website.... Didn't at all care for Sadie's though. Don't know why...

Shanazel

I don't often see a costume that makes me want to reach for the measuring tape and checkbook, but this is flat out gorgeous! Thanks for posting it!

Last edited:

Phoebedances

I love those gawazee coats! So elegant! Wow.. that olive and peacock blue look gorgeous together as well.

Sarah Skinner's costumes are just perfection as well. I like the Mata Hari one she did. The set had like 14 different pieces to it. Her research into her costumes is quite inspiring. I found the part where she talked about the bra cups for the Salome costume and making them look circular facinating to read. I would love to make a pearl costume like that.

Amulya

I don't often see a costume that makes me want to reach for the measuring tape and checkbook, but this is flat out gorgeous! Thanks for posting it!

I love that! That's a unique look, I really like mossy greens and sea blues.

I also love Sarah Skinners creations, the first costume I posted in this thread was one of hers :)

Shanazel

Oneof the things I like about the costume above is the judicious use of pewter gray in the sleeves, coins and jewelry. It really balances the intensity of the green and peacock. Imagine the costume without those little touches of gray...

lizaj

I love everything about this dress except the color.
If this were in an emerald green, a rust, a dark copper color or a dark burgundy..... :yay:

SharifWEAR.com - Original designs for divas who dance - Perfect for clubs, classes and performances - Salsa, Gypsy, Tribal, Oriental, Egyptian, Belly Dancing

I also like this costume but white wouldn't look good on me. I prefer earthtones.

Wonderful in White Costume

The white one is very "Abla" ish. I love the look. Some might think it rather old-fashioned but that classic Abla look is always a winner to me.

The white one is very "Abla" ish. I love the look. Some might think it rather old-fashioned but that classic Abla look is always a winner to me.

https://www.dahlal.com/default.aspx?n=1&c=1&s1=1157&s2=0

like this Signature Samia from Dahlal...gorgeous! There will never be costumes as beautiful I don't believe and I have 2!!!!! and you can spot them as Abla in a dim light at 50 feet!
They are so well made as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.