Belly Dancers Submissions Wanted

yonisha

Submission to belly dancers book! Belly UP!
Yonisha productions are seeking submissions for a book about belly dancers. We are looking for personal stories about experiences with the great art of belly dance, what it means to you, how the dance has influenced or shaped who you are, etc. Stories cannot exceed 2,000 words; there is no lower word limit. Deadline to submit a story is December 31, 2006. If your submission is selected to be part of the book, you will receive a copy of the book, but will not be otherwise paid. We reserve the right to publish the story in subsequent reprints of the book. Submit your story and a picture of yourself we can use in the book to yonisha@mts.net

Aisha Azar

Yonisha

Dear Yonisha,
Can you please tell us who you are, why we might be interested in having you publish our work, what the purpose of the book is and why we should donate our work to the book? Also, since contributors are not being paid, do they get copyright or do you?
Regards,
A'isha

yonisha

I am a belly dancer, and teacher from Winnipeg, and my husband and I run a small production company for artists, mostly belly dance. In the past year we have put on some belly dance shows, and this summer we held two huge picnics so belly dancers could get together and share their love for the great art of belly dance.

We thought dancers might be interested to tell other people their story of how and why they started belly dance and what joys have they taken from it, and maybe how it has changed their lives. We have got wonderful stories already sent in so it has been proven to us the dancers want to participate in this venture. We are offering one free book to each writer that is published in our anthology. We are not expecting to get rich off this project. We love belly dance, and want to share it with others any way we can.

The comtributors are being rewarded with one free book for sharing their stories, and the copyright is staying in their hands, and they can do what ever they want with it after the book is published.

Please check out our website at:
http://www.yonisha.com

May the Magic of Dance be with You!
Yonisha

Alaya

Hi Yonisha, I realy liked your webside, and pictures. Oh and thenks for the horoscope, realy nice to read somethink like that:)

yonisha

Thank you for your feedback Alaya!

I feel that the website is like a living organism that reflects part of the work we've been doing. I try updating it as much as possible :rolleyes:

P.S.: Lots of snow here in Winnipeg since yesterday! About 10 inches of snow! :eek:

Aisha Azar

Submissions, etc.

Dear Yonisha,
Thank you for explaining your purpose, compensation , copyright, etc. It sounds like a worthwhile project!
Regards,
A'isha

Last edited:

yonisha

Thanks A'isha, we're very excited about the project! A lot of work, but it is totally worth it!

Yonisha

yonisha

New deadline for the Belly Dance anthology book story submission

Greetings,

Due to several requests because of the busy holiday season for dancers, Yonisha Productions is extending the deadline for the submission of the stories for the Belly Dance Anthology:

THE NEW DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR STORY IS JANUARY 31, 2007

We are very excited to welcome on board this great project the dancers from Canada, USA, Brazil, Venezuela, Australia, Malaysia, and New Zealand, who had their submissions approved so far.

If you don't remember what this project is about, read the basic information below, or log into Yonisha Productions - Current News

Submissions wanted for a Belly Dancers Book!

Yonisha Productions is seeking submissions for an anthology book about belly dance. We are looking for personal stories about:

- Experiences with the great art of belly dance

- What it means to you

- How the dance has influenced or shaped who you are, etc.

Stories cannot exceed 2,000 words; there is no lower word limit.

If your submission is selected to be part of the book, you will receive a copy of the book, but will not be otherwise paid. We reserve the right to publish the story in subsequent reprints of the book.

For more information or submission of stories, email Yonisha at yonisha@mts.net

We wish you all a great holiday season, and May the Magic of Dance be With you!

Yonisha (Miriam Cunha)
Yonisha Productions - Art and Belly Dance Events and Classes in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada