Belly Dancing Home Alone: New group on Facebook for dancers in isolation.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Our mutual friend would disagree, and say it was still too short. In a way, I agree. But I can buy the full "workshop package" here for $300 or more - and get a lousy 3-1/2 minute performance slot (the ONLY way to be able to perform, and I'm of an age where multiple workshops in one day don't work well for me). Or I can pay the same amount to fly to California, attend what workshops I want without obligation, and get 7 or even 8 minutes. Since I have a kazillion air miles, the airfare is free, making this plan even better! Like I told my teacher here, "3-1/2 minutes? I've let the music play almost that long before I even came out on stage!"
The real question is, do I want to set foot in that state again? I'm more than a bit confused on that point.

Greek Bonfire

Our mutual friend would disagree, and say it was still too short. In a way, I agree. But I can buy the full "workshop package" here for $300 or more - and get a lousy 3-1/2 minute performance slot (the ONLY way to be able to perform, and I'm of an age where multiple workshops in one day don't work well for me). Or I can pay the same amount to fly to California, attend what workshops I want without obligation, and get 7 or even 8 minutes. Since I have a kazillion air miles, the airfare is free, making this plan even better! Like I told my teacher here, "3-1/2 minutes? I've let the music play almost that long before I even came out on stage!"
The real question is, do I want to set foot in that state again? I'm more than a bit confused on that point.

I know our friend would - so would I!! But for gala events like these, that's impossible. Even the star attraction at many of these events may only get a maximum of ten minutes!

Azurastar

Why for example not to use social media for it. New content, maybe live stream. Instagram is a very good choice, did you know there you can find private requests for you that could be paid and after dancing, without any hidden motives. Many other people even if they are home in isolation do make money! Better use Instagram you can upgrade it with service from IGAUTOLIKE . They will improve your likes and add them to your page depending on the amount you want. Don’t sit around waiting for something, better to react according to situation in favourite way. Nice way.

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I've done a live stream performance, and attended a couple as well. They're different! But live stream and "social media" are two different things.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

I love you all! I just can't seem to log in except on my old computer. I'll fix that as soon as possible. I'm so glad to be able to talk to everybody again!!!!

Greek Bonfire

A couple of dancers in my community are having unofficial, unplugged haflas in large parks, just to be able to dance and perform. I haven't done this yet but they are having a blast.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
A couple of dancers in my community are having unofficial, unplugged haflas in large parks, just to be able to dance and perform. I haven't done this yet but they are having a blast.
There's some discussion about doing that here as well.