Belly Dancing isn't manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline_afifi

Oh no!!! This has turned into some sort of mud wrestling match!!! :shok:

Come on folks... :pray:

Mahmoud, Bitamil eh? min fadlak matda3sh wahda ismaha bil koffia sharmouta! :naghty: khaliha takol fi nafsaha.

Nath

I'm not a moderator, I'm just another participant but the amount of venom in what should be an educational and informative thread has me quite, well, angry. :mad:
There is an ignore feature on this forum. Instead of spreading your venom in public, please put the object of your ire on ignore and let the rest of us have at least some semblance of an adult conversation.

At this point I see nothing but trolls on this thread. :naghty: Shame on you all.

masrawy

Bye-bye manly thread

Ladies and gentlemen, now you got to see the true color of a person when he/she are angry and out of control!!

Bye-bye manly thread.

gisela

Super Moderator
Thank you Nath! You put it well.

Super-moderator talking: This has got to STOP! I'm serious! In case people can't discuss this properly the thread will be locked.
If you have serious issues with someone I suggest either take it privately via PM or put the person on ignore. Your problems are poisoning the entire forum!

Last edited:

Tarik Sultan

My apologies to the forum members. I'm sorry for expressing myself through the filter of temper. There are people here who do not care about really sharing, they are only here to stir trouble and provoke people. Yes, I can be hot headed, when provoked over a long period of time, but it has always come from being instigated. I have never insulted or talked down to anyone and certainly not because they disagreed with me. Zorba and I disagree on certain points, but we acknowledge that and focus on what we do agree on.

I think its a shame because there are people who do come here for positive interactions, but that is ruined by individuals who look for loopholes in the rules of conduct to be mean, spiteful and antagonistic. Who seek to turn members against each other. This thread is a perfect example of that. The moderators here are very polite and this is used against them.

Just how far south does a thread have to go before its locked? Seriously? Everything of value had already been said by the time it devolved into what is is now. When fruit starts to go bad you don't leave it in there in the hopes that its going to regenerate itself. This thread should have been locked a long time ago because it was obvious that it had been hijacked by people with their own petty agendas. Their actions had and have nothing to do with dance.

This thread was dormant for months and was revived with a very spiteful post. It should have been locked back then. There are groups of people who for whatever reason, hate this forum and the people on it and they spend all their time discussing with each other how much they dislike this place and how they will start trouble. Moderators, you're being too polite and giving them far too much wiggle room. Yes there is such a thing as freedom of speech, but that freedom ends when a person wants to scream FIRE in a crowded movie theater!

I'm sorry to have been the one to have to shoot a troll in front of everyone, but something needed to be done. I accept whatever consequences you feel necessary. Whether or not I remain a member or voluntarily ask to be banned so as to lessen the temptation to come here depends on whether or not those individuals are permitted to run around at will stirring up trouble and corrupting threads with silly unproductive, childish comments and behavior. I'm not the problem here, just the one who from time to time points out there's a 2 ton elephant in the room.

Last edited:

shiradotnet

There are groups of people who for whatever reason, hate this forum and the people on it and they spend all their time discussing with each other how much they dislike this place and how they will start trouble.
I acknowledge that this is probably true.

I'm sorry to have been the one to have to shoot a troll in front of everyone, but something needed to be done.
I don't think Mahmoud is a troll. I've found him to be quite helpful on some things, and I appreciate having him around. Admittedly, sometimes he gets a bit mischievous and posts stuff that might be a bit naughty, but then, so do I.

If you want to be angry, direct your anger at dancingmachine. That's the person who posted the troll comments on this thread.

Last edited:

Caroline_afifi

Mahmoud IS guilty of getting very irrate but I agree he is not a troll.

He does not conceal his identity for a start or create other characters with the intention of harrassing people.

I have to back Shira up on the other point too.

Dancing machine was indeed a very malicious troll and one of the ones I mentioned in my posts about trolls.

These people happen to be women (all based in the USA) some were former members (the ring leader was a moderator) and some are still actually active on BHUZ.

If anyone wants more info I have plenty to share.

These people dont just have a piont of view, they actually invent lies about people and purposefully mislead each other when discussing a victim.

It is these people we should be focusing on, not fighting with each other here, it only feeds their vile needs.

Tarik Sultan

Seriously, this thread needs to be locked. Its outlived its intended purpose and is in an advanced state of decomposition. If the moderators wont do what they should and lock it, then those of us who truly care about this site need to walk away from it.

lizaj

Oh believe me we have considered locking it but we live in hopes that people will return to the discussion in a civilised way and....so we get complaints that this forum is over-moderated...:rolleyes:

gisela

Super Moderator
Wow, I came here to actually lock the thread and find this ultimatum, which makes me pretty disappointed.
I really don't wish for anyone to leave but, of course, everyone is free to leave if they choose to.
Preferably without setting ultimatums to the moderators (who DO truly care about the site).

Lizaj: I hear you.

Last edited:

lizaj

I would hope that none of the gentlemen involved in this latest spat would leave us.
Their knowledge and involvement in this dance is prized wether they be observer or participant. This is a plea that applies not just to them but to anyone.
We all hold and are entitled to different opinions and perspectives and this forum is there for them to be expressed. Unlike another forum that is obviously in operation for disaffected former members of this forum and present Bhuz to bitch ( and it makes very unpleasant reading) amongst themselves particularly to be nasty about male dancers and to make homophobic comment when they troll OD. These ladies ..I use the word loosely..have no respect for the men of this board who belly dance nor those of us who support them.
But we are an OPEN forum where opinion for and against can be expressed but it should remain civil!

kayshier

Mahmoud IS guilty of getting very irrate but I agree he is not a troll.

He does not conceal his identity for a start or create other characters with the intention of harrassing people.

I have to back Shira up on the other point too.

Dancing machine was indeed a very malicious troll and one of the ones I mentioned in my posts about trolls.

These people happen to be women (all based in the USA) some were former members (the ring leader was a moderator) and some are still actually active on BHUZ.

If anyone wants more info I have plenty to share.

These people dont just have a piont of view, they actually invent lies about people and purposefully mislead each other when discussing a victim.

It is these people we should be focusing on, not fighting with each other here, it only feeds their vile needs.
what is the point of focusing on negativity?
just ignore them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.