Blogs anyone?

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

After the success of the photo gallery, we thought it would be great to add another interactive feature to OrientalDancer.net - Blogs.

Each person who desires can have their own personal blog (web log) with a unique url (web address) and ability to customize apperance, layout, features...

We could buy and install a blog system that offers rich functionality for blog users to create, update and customize their blogs (add notes, comments, upload pictures and create photo albums, customize the blog look with dozens of templates and backgrounds, create lists, upload audio and video files etc. Also (especially cool given our international community) this blog system we are looking at supports over 20 different languages! So you can have your blog in English or your native language.

The blog system costs $250.00. If members of our community are interested and will support this idea like folks did with the photo gallery, we'll have a blog system up and running in a few short days.

To make a donation click the "make a donation" button on the left hand side of the forum. We use PayPal to process financial transactions. You can type in the amount you would like to donate and either log in to PayPal or choose to donate with a debit or credit card and click "continue".

:D We are excited :dance: and will keep everyone updated.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
my unemployment benefit goes so fast and I don't have any left already :(

No problem. When we start blogs you will have a way to change it. :D You'll start your blog, it will become popular and you'll start earning so much money that you will not know how to spend all of it. :lol:

I'd be very excited about a blog! What a neat feature!

Yeah! And not just a blog where everyone can post but a system that allows everyone to start and run their personal blog and have total control over the blogs content and look. And you can stay normal (not have to become a geek :lol: ) because to post in the blog and insert pictures, music and video is as easy as on the forum. :dance:

wooo. That was the plan with modelling too though. Start modelling get a following . Get rolling in money :p

Anyway I can't wait for the blog.

Ariella

Hey,
Is the paypal donation supposed to charge $5.00 for shipping and handling? Is this happening to anyone else?

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ariella,

No it's not suppose to. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. My fault, I changed the donation button the other day and I forgot to alter the shipping charge. I'm working on it and it'll be resolved soon.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is fixed. I apologize for my mistake.
I wouldn't like it if I went to donate money and got charged for shipping. :lol:

Salome

Administrator
Update - we have 25 dollars left from the last donation drive for the Photogallery. So the Blogging system is 250.00 but since we have 25 dollars in the pot that leaves us with 225 to go :)