Bring on the "flamers!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recnadocir

Take your best shot!

Shanazel

You are so weird, and I hope you know some of us appreciate it. Now- tell an old lady what you mean by flamers in cyber-talk?

Recnadocir

Well, I understand it more from the receiving end (and I don't think you're an "old lady!")

To me it means those who attack, just to attack, use put-downs, name calling, etc. I've mostly seen it on bhuz, and on a couple of tribes on Tribe.net, which shall remain nameless, unless you ask me. Anyway, I know you have some classical education, so, think of the Harpies, with flamethrowers.

Rebecca_

??? I don't get what this thread is all about.

This thread is a plan on the word "flame," because the word has two meanings. In the most common sense, it means "flame" as in flame from a fire. The picture appears to contain something that resists fire. The other meaning of the word is online slang. To "flame" is where people attack eachother repeatedly in some sort of public forum. So, he is saying that he is both ready for online flames as well as flames from a fire. I hope that helps! Anyone who thinks they can explain it better feel free to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.