buzz words and dancers

Hey Salome and everyone,

I'm currently writing an article for Oriental Dance.net on Lebanese style...still on going...I'm not done yet! Sorry :rolleyes:
Yes Mark, i'm looking forward to your article! Will it include musical rhythms specific to Lebanese dance? And why did you choose this style or did it choose you?
Yasmine

Jane

MOROCCO is American Oriental????

I have a great difference of opinion with ya'll on that one. I would classify the glorious M as definitely Mohammed Ali Street style Egyptian. Nadia Hamdi influence to the max.
My bad. :shok: I was brain-storming "American" dancers I love and got my wires crossed.

walladah

Hello everybody,

Access to internet was not easy during my holidays, so many replies together:

Maria, thank you for you good words. You are right, my nickname is written as an arabic name, however it is also Greek (same sound, different meaning), and of course you know me!!! The last time we met, I think, was at the seminar you organised last November at your school!!

So, I am from Greece.

As for Naima Akef, she is moving too much for an Egyptian dancer, and it is also something in her style, I cannot say exactly what:think:. However, I like very much that she uses all space while dancing and I also like very much that she is really having fun with her dance and she seems so, instead of looking around to prove everybody is looking at her...

Maria_Aya

Hello everybody,

Access to internet was not easy during my holidays, so many replies together:

Maria, thank you for you good words. You are right, my nickname is written as an arabic name, however it is also Greek (same sound, different meaning), and of course you know me!!! The last time we met, I think, was at the seminar you organised last November at your school!!

Arghhhhhhhhh so you was at Serkan's workshop grrr plsssssss sent me privite message who you are as i'm boiling !!!
And again love your knowledge !!!

Maria Aya