Calling all Australian dancers/teachers

Following the demise of Annabella's website, I've decided to expand my own site, Bellydanceoz.com, into a proper bellydance directory. That means I'm no longer insisting on a Youtube video clip if you want to be included.

If you're an Australian dancer or teacher, I'd love to create a free profile for you on the site. I will need:
-
some suggested wording (though I reserve the right to adapt!),
-
the name of your website or some other contact details that you're happy to be published, and
-
one to three good photos OR one or two Youtube clips.

I've also created an events calendar. If you have any events you'd like me to list, please let me know, either through this site or using the Contact page on bellydanceoz.com.

I was a bit shocked to see that Annabella had gone - it would take me years to recreate anything similar, but I'll do my best!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
WOW! when did Annabella's website go offline? Did she say why? It was a great resource.

I don't need a profile, but it is nice of you to do that for Oz dancers/teachers.
~Mosaic

Mosaic, if you go to Annabella.net now, it just says that after 12 years of working on websites, she's deleted the lot and has decided to go off travelling.

I know my initial reaction is to be bursting with questions, but all the contact information around the net (on tribe.net etc) is through her website - so she's basically not contactable. It seems to me there must be something more behind such a drastic action than she's telling, let's hope it's not anything too negative.

I'm just a bit confused as to why she didn't just leave the sites there with a note that they're not maintained, rather than delete them wholesale. Such a lot of great information, gone for good!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
It is just a 404 error now:( I am surprised that it wasn't just left or if it was a paid site, moved to one of the free sites available just so the info was left there. Maintaining websites does take up quite a bit of time. I have had a couple through the years and my current one hasn't had a thing done to it for maybe 2 years. But I just leave it there. Maybe one of these days I will get around to updating it:D

I have a feeling that Annabella's site is actually linked on Shira's main site as well. I have seen it on quite a number of WWWsites.

~Mosaic

Rachel Bond tells me she had a circular email only a few weeks ago from Annabella - she was asking everyone to check the validity of their entries.

No idea what that means - either something happened suddenly, or she has sold/passed the information on to someone else who's going to replicate the site elsewhere (though why anyone would do that defeats me - if you've had your own websites, you'll know that the age of the URL itself is important. If they post the same info on a new site, it has to earn its plac in search engines all over again).

Mystery.

Actually, it hasn't moved - her Tribal site was always there. In fact, you'll notice she still has a link on that site to her old bellydance directory site. So I'm guessing even the Tribal site isn't being maintained. It may just be that the hosting and/or domain name on the Tribal one hasn't expired yet.

You'll also notice the Tribal site doesn't have a directory, and of course it's just for Tribal anyway.

Last edited:
Annabella's back! She decided she couldn't live without the internet so she's made a compromise - she's still travelling, but with a laptop!

I must say I'm relieved - I realize I'd never have had time to build my own site to match hers. I also realized I didn't really want to - I liked my site as a video directory,and now I can keep it that way.

I just did a complete revamp of the look, though. When I first started the site, I visualized it in earthy reds and oranges but I couldn't find a template that worked. I ended up with an elegant green theme that people thought looked great, but it wasn't quite "me".

Now it's down and dirty and I love it!

Following the demise of Annabella's website, I've decided to expand my own site, Bellydanceoz.com, into a proper bellydance directory. That means I'm no longer insisting on a Youtube video clip if you want to be included.

If you're an Australian dancer or teacher, I'd love to create a free profile for you on the site. I will need:
-
some suggested wording (though I reserve the right to adapt!),
-
the name of your website or some other contact details that you're happy to be published, and
-
one to three good photos OR one or two Youtube clips.

I've also created an events calendar. If you have any events you'd like me to list, please let me know, either through this site or using the Contact page on bellydanceoz.com.

I was a bit shocked to see that Annabella had gone - it would take me years to recreate anything similar, but I'll do my best!
Hello, Hope you are in good health!
We have visited your website and seen large collection of White Metal Jewellery . We believe that your company imports / Deals in the line of items we export; we are interested in selling our items to your company to expand our mutual trade.

We are manufacturer and exporter in India of base metal jewelry and have specially created and designed pieces for Belly dance jewelry we invite you to visit our site
where you will find the things allied to your line, there are wide range’s of
(1)Necklace .
(2)Forehead.
(3)Cap’s.
(4)Coin Bra’s .
(5)Coin Belts .
(6)Bangels & cuff’s.
(7)Arm’s band.
(8)Palm bracelets .
(9)Anklets.
(10)Bindis for Forehead Decoration.
(11)Tribal Jewellery.

All these jewelry is famous in belly dancers .The set of cap, necklace, bra, panty, belly belt, jacket, palm-bracelet, and anklets are adorned for beach dances on carnivals and other ceremonies.Click on the link below to see our full range of belly dance jewellery and accessories.
We are always interested in hearing from you - whether it is questions, comments or orders - let us know what you think.

With best regards

Sanjay &Piyush

Kalpataru International - Contact Us