Changes coming

Salome

Administrator
My trusty webmaster, Arun, is going to change our software! We have used vbulletin forum software for 15 years give or take. There is a different software that is more mobile friendly which in turn will help the forum be search engine optimized. That should give us a bit better ranking resulting in more users and activity. It will cost a bit but if it will give us a boost, will be worth it. I don't know anything about the new software how it works, how to operate it, how closely it will resemble the software we currently use... so I'm asking everybody to be patient if there are little bugs and glitches. Let's hope for the best.

Obsydian

I migrated a huge forum to new software early in the year and I don't envy the webmaster one bit. Wishing for an easy transfer!

Shanazel

Well, so far, so good. I only have to smite half a dozen spammers in a week instead of a hundred a day. :dance:

Salome

Administrator
I was able to finally buy this new software today! Took longer than I anticipated but it has been purchased and Arun is in process. I imagine there will be some down time while it switches over. Not sure how long or what is involved since, thankfully, I am not doing it. I will hopefully see you all soon good as new.

Salome

Administrator
I don't know the answer to that. The dark skins I bought long ago and I think I still have saved on my computer. I will ask Arun if there is a way to use them or if we can do a light/dark option of another kind. Stand by.

Salome

Administrator
Ok here is what I found out: yes it is possible to do a dark background/white writing. Cannot use the skin of yore. But it will cost money. I can pick from a pre-made or pay Arun to make one. So I will do a cost comparison and see what is doable.

Salome

Administrator
Pre-made from this software maker is $50 dollars the first year and $20 to renew each following year. No promises but who likes what? Also asking Arun so will do a follow up with his reply.

Attachments

• brown---6.jpg
    brown---6.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 5
  • brown-plumb---2.jpg
    brown-plumb---2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 5
  • dark-blue---8.jpg
    dark-blue---8.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 6
  • muted-teal---7.jpg
    muted-teal---7.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 7
  • purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I like the purple best - but really, ANY of them would be fine. They all look "device-ey", but readable.

Ariadne

I like all of them except the greenish one (4/5) but the brown and purple are my favorites. Any will work.