Clip Of Ozgen

xotic

Thanks for the clips. Just a quick question. Does anyone know the name of the track in the first video? I been looking for it for quite some time. Would be great if someone could help me out...:D

Helena

Hi!

This is one of my favourite tracks and last year I prepared my very first full choreography for my first solo performance to this track.

I found it somewhere on the internet :redface: It is called 'sultans of the dance' but I doubt this is the actual name of the track. The dance group Sultans of the Dance probably used it in their show that's why.

So I'm also curious to know what the exact name of the track is. :lol:

Zadiel

Hey, Özgen is coming to my Show named "ZADIRAKS" on 27. January 08 in Germany/ Berlin. I am so happy about that !

He's a very talented turkish roma 9/8 dancer with experience and a wonderful person too.

More about the Show "Zadiraks" here: BAUCHTANZ ZADIRAKS BERLIN ..::Das Bauchtanz-Event

It's still only in german, but the english and turkish translation are coming soon.

All the best
Zadiel:lol:

Last edited:

Maria_Aya

And he is coming to Greece Athens with me this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evacuate Athens, Oriental Clubs are gonna suffer !!!

Maria Aya:D

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Overall: Very nice! He's nice and fluid, passes the "Zorba gender inversion test (tm)", has some nice costume enhancements for his hips, and has some nice armwork although they seem to get a bit spastic occasionally (like mine are any better...).

In the second clip, he does commit the faux pas of an audience crotch shot - which most instructors (mine included) beat into their students NOT to do. But does anyone know what's up with holding his top open a bit and fanning his chest? Is this something weird, or is it some cultural thing?

Suheir

But does anyone know what's up with holding his top open a bit and fanning his chest? Is this something weird, or is it some cultural thing?
HAHAHAHAHA! Having seen him perform twice now, I'd say it's a whip-the-females-in-the-audience-into-a-frenzy thing.

Oooh, Maria, I bet you'll have a fantastic time this weekend!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I was afraid of that....

More "stupid male tricks" then - unfortunate as the guy *can* dance!

Eshta

He's a great dancer but I know what you mean about the 'stupid male tricks'. I watched another male dancer shimmy his hips inches from a woman's face before and she was loving it and all the ladies in the room went wild with excitement - all belly dancer women who would be disgusted if a female belly dancer shook her breasts in the face of a leering man! I thought it was a real shame for the same reason - he REALLY could DANCE! Why cheapen that?!

Mark_Balahadia

Overall: Very nice! He's nice and fluid, passes the "Zorba gender inversion test (tm)", has some nice costume enhancements for his hips, and has some nice armwork although they seem to get a bit spastic occasionally (like mine are any better...).

In the second clip, he does commit the faux pas of an audience crotch shot - which most instructors (mine included) beat into their students NOT to do. But does anyone know what's up with holding his top open a bit and fanning his chest? Is this something weird, or is it some cultural thing?

Zorba he's doing your typical Roman Havasi type stuff. It is a cultural thing!

Sara

Aye! I was about to say. it's not a 'trick' or whatever.

It's just a sort of flirty gesture. It's hard trying to capture the real essence of something on stage, but when you're around friends and stuff you sort of do gestures like these. It's just harmless fun.

Shanazel

Well, once upon a time in a kingdom far far away, the king put his scepter into his bride's shoe as a symbol of marital relations to come, followed by, he hoped, lots of heirs...

If a male dancer puts his shoe into his own pants...:shok: Oh, I'd better go wash my brain with soap. I cannot believe I thought that.

Moon

:lol:

I love your creativity Shanazel, but please don't be offended because I'm still hoping to get the real answer from some expert ;)

Shanazel

:lol:

I love your creativity Shanazel, but please don't be offended because I'm still hoping to get the real answer from some expert ;)

I rarely bother to be offended- I find it takes too much time and energy that I can put to better use making smart-aleck remarks.

Maria_Aya

Hi there:)
The shoe going into the pants its a cultural thing that Romani Havasi do when they dance. Some times also they put their jacket hanged at the pants or a bottle of wine.
They are gypsies at the roads, and just wanting to feel free barefoot they do it this way.
Kisses
Maria Aya

gisela

Super Moderator
Thanks for the interesting information. I've seen jackets and shirts tucked in and hanged from the pants but I always just thought it was to accentuate the movement of the dance. Maybe it is, but the shoe didn´t have quite the same effect, so I also wondered a lot. thanks for explaining.