Dancers You Don't Like

Dev

Hello CharlieL

First of all you joined here from 2007 so you must have experienced some of the heated debates that have been discussed here and you know this forum is neither restricted nor censored .The administrators and moderators of this forum do a very complicated job running this forum democratically without forcing too much rules and regulations. As previously Moderators explained the situation , this being an international forum not everybody can write or read English as their first language (including me ) so its wise to use language that will not start a flame war or personal attacks .

Secondly this is an open forum, when you make a comment you also have to be ready to defend it as not everybody is going to agree with you, We are interested hearing from you as much as from any other members in this forum. Thats what makes this forum attractive and appealing. So keep posting but give some thought about your posts.
Regards to you.

Last edited:

Dev

Well, i am a fan, i aprecciate the art of the dance, i didnt know only the belly dancers can be members of this forum.

That's not the rule. I am not a dancer and there are plenty who are not belly dancers in this forum. You can contribute here as much as any other dancers.

charlieL

Charlie, to be directly honestly, I think you are disrespectful, a trouble maker and underneath it all, you are having fun at our expense and making fun of us. Your cat and mouse mentality is pretty sick too.

You are wrong Greek Bonfire, why are you acussing me of all those lies? I would be the last person to do that. Still i wonder why all that hate you have at me?, simply i dont get it.

charlieL

Hello CharlieL

First of all you joined here from 2007 so you must have experienced some of the heated debates that have been discussed here and you know this forum is neither restricted nor censored .The administrators and moderators of this forum do a very complicated job running this forum democratically without forcing too much rules and regulations. As previously Moderators explained the situation , this being an international forum not everybody can write or read English as their first language (including me ) so its wise to use language that will not start a flame war or personal attacks .

Secondly this is an open forum, when you make a comment you also have to be ready to defend it as not everybody is going to agree with you, We are interested hearing from you as much as from any other members in this forum. Thats what makes this forum attractive and appealing. So keep posting but give some thought about your posts.
Regards to you.

That`s what i dont understand, i`ve seen really heated debates here but a few members say that i am the trouble maker and that i`m also making fun of them and playing to be the cat and the mouse being all that lies. I know this is a open forum and i also know that not everybody is going to agree me but (there is always a but) since i make a comment not agreeing with them they come as if i were the bad guy, that`s why i think if that happens because i`m male, not a bellydancer, Latin American,etc. I dont want to make this issue long because it would be boring and tiring but i had to make this clear.

Darshiva

CharlieL,

I had no idea about race, gender, political affiliation or anything else about you until you brought it up. Ergo, none of that factored into my opinion of you. It is very unlikely that you are being discriminated against on the basis of anything other than what you post on this forum.

If you are sincerely concerned about how people are reacting to what you say online, please learn some tact. Write up your posts in word or notepad, save them and post them 12 hours later - when you've had a chance to sleep on it & give your posts some thought. People are merely reacting to what you say, nothing more, nothing less. The internet gives you the opportunity to really think through things before you say them. You should grasp that opportunity with both hands.

Belly Love

I'm curious to as to why someone would be on a bd forum who isn't planning on belly dancing...? Unless they have a child who wants to do it or something...

seona

Charlie, I think your comment on page 1 (?), were bound to raise temperatures - you don't like dancers that are too fat or too thin. That's fine, you are entilted to your opinion, but in hindsight maybe that's a bit too much of a sensitive issue, esp on a board full of ladies! So with a comment such as that you are bound to annoy people so be prepared for the response! I am not preaching at you, I too am wary of how I word my post's, it's hard sometimes to express what you mean without sounding either too fluffy/offensive/snarky. I understand that English isn't your first language, it could all be a big mis-understanding!

Happy New year everyone!

charlieL

Charlie, I think your comment on page 1 (?), were bound to raise temperatures - you don't like dancers that are too fat or too thin. That's fine, you are entilted to your opinion, but in hindsight maybe that's a bit too much of a sensitive issue, esp on a board full of ladies! So with a comment such as that you are bound to annoy people so be prepared for the response! I am not preaching at you, I too am wary of how I word my post's, it's hard sometimes to express what you mean without sounding either too fluffy/offensive/snarky. I understand that English isn't your first language, it could all be a big mis-understanding!

Happy New year everyone!

Wow, my intention wasnt to ofend anyone of this forum for writing my opinions, seriously, despite i still dont think i offended or insulted a member of this forum. About the too fat or too thin dancers that`s just my opinion, i even didnt mention names. But i think it`s time to get over, to go on because i dont want this thread last all next year talking about the same thing over and over. Peace and happy new year to all, paz y feliz año nuevo a todos.

Belly Love

I already answered that question in this thread.

Oh, I'm sorry, but I didn't read all 14 pages...

Update: The answer is that you're a fan? That's it? That really doesn't explain anything. Obviously you have some sort of interest if you're on the forum, but what is it exactly if you're not interested in doing it? I'm not asking to attack you, I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious. For instance, if I had no interest in being a belly dancer, I would never be on this forum- it would have no purpose for me because it's all about discussing being a belly dancer.

Last edited:

charlieL

Oh, I'm sorry, but I didn't read all 14 pages...

Update: The answer is that you're a fan? That's it? That really doesn't explain anything. Obviously you have some sort of interest if you're on the forum, but what is it exactly if you're not interested in doing it? I'm not asking to attack you, I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious. For instance, if I had no interest in being a belly dancer, I would never be on this forum- it would have no purpose for me because it's all about discussing being a belly dancer.

If you`re not satisfied with my answer sorry but let`s not start an issue about it because probably it will take 14 more pages discussing this.

Shanazel

Actually I'm interested, too, Charlie, and more than happy to spend more pages on the subject. We share our stories here on OD and would enjoy you sharing your story in return. There are other gentlemen on the forum who aren't dancers, who never intend to become dancers, but who are drawn to the art, the music, and the dance for various reasons and who enjoy interacting with those of us for whom it is a passion and a way of life. The stories they've shared about how they were drawn to OD are all interesting and help draw the members of this dance community closer together.

Last edited:

charlieL

Actually I'm interested, too, Charlie, and more than happy to spend anothmore pages on the subject. We share our stories here on OD and would enjoy you sharing your story in return. There are other gentlemen on the forum who aren't dancers, who never intend to become dancers, but who are drawn to the art, the music, and the dance for various reasons and who enjoy interacting with those of us for whom it is a passion and a way of life. The stories they've shared about how they were drawn to OD are all interesting and help draw the members of this dance community closer together.

This is funny; first many here acussed me of disrespecful and trouble maker and now are interested. But ok Shanazel, you asked it in a good way. I just simply liked this art despite i dont do it, as you said, many are not dancers but like BD as me. I remember i went to a BD show with my father, and as you can imagine i said wow look how good they are but he told me they are average and he was right and after i went to NYC was there that i found my dad was right when i saw others dancers and other dance style because in my country most dancers just danced the American cabaret and only a few of them vary of style, then thanks mostly to youtube i could watch many good dancers and styles, i searched about dancers and BD facts, history, glosary, etc. Besides BD i like musicals, outdoors photography, plays, soprano(ì love Hayley Westenra). Maybe this story can be boring for you but this is the way i found this art.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
This is funny; first many here acussed me of disrespecful and trouble maker and now are interested. But ok Shanazel, you asked it in a good way. I just simply liked this art despite i dont do it, as you said, many are not dancers but like BD as me. I remember i went to a BD show with my father, and as you can imagine i said wow look how good they are but he told me they are average and he was right and after i went to NYC was there that i found my dad was right when i saw others dancers and other dance style because in my country most dancers just danced the American cabaret and only a few of them vary of style, then thanks mostly to youtube i could watch many good dancers and styles, i searched about dancers and BD facts, history, glosary, etc. Besides BD i like musicals, outdoors photography, plays, soprano(ì love Hayley Westenra). Maybe this story can be boring for you but this is the way i found this art.

I don't think your story is boring, I find it interesting, thanks for sharing. I think it's great you are interested in the dance, the facts & history surrounding it. Are you a professional photographer or a hobbyist?
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Actually, no, I find it quite interesting. In fact, you and I share common interests, so we have common ground.

I won't belabor the "too thin or too fat" remark, because I think the others here made it quite clear our feelings on that. Just chalk it up as a lesson learned, and try to be more thoughtful before you post from now on. ;) As for your being a fan and not a dancer, that's perfectly okay. We have other members here who are not dancers, so no, it's not a requirement to be a bellydancer to be an accepted forum member.

Let's all try to get along, k? :D