Did you dance today?

miss_shimmy

dance today

wow this mornings dance was just a short one,but wow,I enjoyed it so very much!:) I am putting myself a routine to do each morning you see.
I seem to be into very slow moving at the moment.taking each move,embracing it and enjoying it.

Miss Shimmy, now that you mention Souad Massi, I had a class with someone a while ago who had a Souad Massi cd for warmup. I'll try and find the song
Souad is so beautiful to dance to I think,I danced to on ly her music this morning,its so lifting and beautiful.

how was your dance?did you dance today?

Do you ever get a move going on and you cant stop as you are enjoying it so much?

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yshka

I did dance today, for a couple of hours rehearsing for a performance with my troupe. Afterwards I worked on my new choreography for a while.
I think I will also put some time into the new choreo this evening since my teacher gave me lots of new stuff and advice to think about.
I've also chosen music for a choreo with zills today, a very cool song by Egyptian singer Gawaher. Might just try and improvise to it to get a feel for it, and practise some zills while dancing.

I seem to get a move on whenever I hear Arabic/ME music, I just HAVE TO MOVE. I alsways get a big dance-kick after class too, I go home (1,5 hours on train and busses, listening to arabic mp3), throw in a cd or 2 and dance away till I drop lol.

By the way, that reminds me: I was talking about this with my sister the other day who is also learning bellydance: Do you ever feel that when you have danced only MED for a long time, and you go somewhere and get on the dancefloor, MED moves are the only ones that come to mind?

Or is that just me obsessing...:D

miss_shimmy

hi all

Or is that just me obsessing..
yes yshka you are obsessed,but then so am I so that makes me feel much better.:)
wow my muscles are realy quite achey today,so I couldnt have danced as much as I would have liked.I will look forward to the mornings session.

sounds like you been dancing alott yshka:) its all fun!.

so I had a session this monring,light and breezy,and a deeper session this evening.

how was your dance today?

hugs

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Erina

Yesterday I danced with my new costume! It was so exciting it is much more enjoyable dancing in a more 'authentic' dress. now I can finally say goodbye to my £5 bright blue dress and crop top and say hello to my new matching red harem pands and sexy top! (with the flowing sleeves I wanted :p )

Got another class tommorow.

miss_shimmy

yey

ah louise,thats so awesome,I bet you will dance even better.
I love red harems,I have a pair.I just ordered a fringe skirt!!I am so exited!!!
I have been tying a big sari round my waist ,it feels awesome,but looks...erm...LOL!

ooh the tops with the flowing sleeves,what color did you get,and where did you get it?would love to see you dressed in your new outfit.

I have just been watching rachel brice clips,wow,she is truely breathtaking!so inspiring!

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mariyam

Hi all,

Yes indeed, I danced a bit on Friday. Gosh, am I out of shape :( I haven't been dancing for like 2 months and it shows :rolleyes: Better get back on track very soon...

But at least my pants and top are done :p Sorry, forgot to take a picture...

Erina

The top is red also, but a different shade.
I really want to take a picture of it as I am so proud of my outfit :$ But then I hate having my picture taken :rolleyes:

Will post it eventually anyways :$

I can't wait until tonights class, because of my new outfit, also because I want to see if I have actually progressed with my camel ^_^

Yshka

Miss Shimmy said:
yes yshka you are obsessed,but then so am I so that makes me feel much better.
:D :D

I sure have been dancing a lot, and I can feel it lol: haven't danced today since my muscles are still a bit sore, but I think I will try for at least half an hour tonight.
Tomorrow I'll dance again for a longer while. I really have to get that choreo to come out perfect:p

Dear Louise I think you will look wonderful, and if you feel it too you'll have a great dance!

Mariyam, please post a picture when you take it!:)

gwinity

Like Mihrimah Ghaziya, I make up hundreds of routines when I can't dance - on the train or at my desk - wherever I have music.

I danced last night, and got vehemently accused by a classmate of practicing the routine outside of class *shock, horror!* :D

But did I dance today? Not yet. I plan on making the most of my evening alone tonight by dancing. I have to practice in my costume, after all......

miss_shimmy

hi all

good morning all,well last night I had a beautiful dance,I was very late as yesterday was a very busy day.
My muscles seem to have come through their tenderness,and the strength realy shows.
It was a beautiful dance ,I realy enjoyed it,in the back of my mind I was wondering how it would be when I have my black tassle skirt on top of my harem pants,bet it will feel amazing!
isnt it great dressing up to dance,even for just ourselves?:)

But did I dance today? Not yet. I plan on making the most of my evening alone tonight by dancing. I have to practice in my costume, after all......
how did it go gwinity?

Tomorrow I'll dance again for a longer while. I really have to get that choreo to come out perfect
yshka,practise makes perfect:)

Yes indeed, I danced a bit on Friday. Gosh, am I out of shape I haven't been dancing for like 2 months and it shows Better get back on track very soon.

miryam,enjoy dancing your way right back into shape.:)

I can't wait until tonights class, because of my new outfit, also because I want to see if I have actually progressed with my camel
how was class Louise?ddid they all adore your outfit?

just waiting for the postman to come,then I can go up and have a dance

love and peace to you all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

gwinity

LOL Miss Shimmy, it's 7pm, and I've only just got home from work. (sad that I log on straight away, isn't it?!). After I get changed, I'll do a short yoga practice, dance, then eat dinner and floomp on the cushions on the floor. :D

miss_shimmy

hi

hey there Gwinity,how wonderful that you come visit us as soon as you get in:)
Good luck with your yoga/dance and flump session today ..LOL.

postman came,and guess what,he brought my fringed skirt!!so that made todays dance even extra extra special.
I danced a while,finished with some light stretching,my moves are coming on well once I relax and let my heart free.
wow my fringed skirt looked amazing on the turns and just felt...wow!!!

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

miss_shimmy

hi

hey there moon,how was your dance today?

i will try take some piks later

love to all,happy dancing,i will be dancing this evening

hugs

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

I have lived on the lip
of insanity, wanting to know reasons,
knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside!...

Dance, when you're broken open,
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.

- Jelaluddin Rumi

Moon

I must admit I didn't dance yesterday and not yet today. I had plans to go dancing yesterday (not bellydance but going out with some people) however they went to a swimming pool party and I don't like that, so I visited another friend, watched tv and ate popcorn.

Miss Shimmy, where does that orange smiley come from?

miss_shimmy

hello moon

oh moon you going to need to dance soon,you will have all that energy stored up!!

the orange smiley was brought in from a collection I have,if you right click and save,I think you can take him home with you:)

ok,well heres the bottom half of my costume,the harem pants were a gift to myself first mnth of losing weight,and for my second month i awarded myself a fringed skirt!! :D

next month will be my top or bra,i might make one myself,being so well blessed in the boob area..LOL

now,we need more posts of what you are dancing in at the moment,if you cant post up your piks,I dont mind resizing/adding them for you,its no trouble at all.

just send your piks to :

indogo@nantes.fr

love and peace

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Miss Shimmy, that combination is wonderful!!!! Red and black can look so nice together! :D

miss Shimmy said:
now,we need more posts of what you are dancing in at the moment,if you cant post up your piks,I dont mind resizing/adding them for you,its no trouble at all.

just send your piks to :

indogo@nantes.fr
Thank you very much for the offer, miss Shimmy. However I don't have a digital camera or a scanner :( So I'm unable to take any pictures of myself. I only have some pictures online from my first performance (I posted them in the old forum). However the clothes I was wearing there were not my own, except for the hip scarve.

The clothes I always wear for practice are either a dark red or a green skirt, my black hipscarf (I only have 1 at the moment, but it's very special, my sister gave it to me for my birthday :)) and a "normal" top I also wear in real life when the weather is nice.
I'd like to have "real" bellydance clothes in the future, but for now I still find the costumes too expensive (and I can't even order stuff from the internet. Don't have a credit card) and I don't know how to sew.
Hm, I really should take some sewing lessons in the future ;)

miss_shimmy

hey moonaw

,do you have a friend who could take some of you?if I could,I would get on the next plane,stop by and have a dance with you,take piks and have a realy great time indeed!

My piks are taken with a camera I found on some waste ground would you believe!my hubby had to open it up and fix it,I am so grateful of it.

I would love to see the pictures you posted on the first forum:)

Its funny,with the red and black,its a color I was into years ago,looks like the dancer inside of me still realy loves it,can't realy see myself in anything else!

next dance will be tonight,how about you?

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Would be cool if you visit the Netherlands some time, miss Shimmy :D However the weather is not so nice at the moment. Lots of rain. And I have to study :mad:

Here are the performance pics (I censured the faces of the other dancers):

miss_shimmy

:)

wow,I would still love to come,I will pop that invitation on my wish list moon:)

the pictures are awesome,they must bring back some beautiful memories for you ?
that stage and lighting look alott of fun!

I hope you study well,remember to take time out once in a while,dont push yourself too hard(((hugs)))

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)